• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trout fishing around polk/paulding?

Carry_on

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
19   0
Reaction score
I used to to pull trout out of racoon creek and the pumpkinvine creek years ago when I didn't feel like making the drive further up north.Was looking to get back into it this summer.

I was wonder if any of you guys are still having luck around this area? Maybe someone can fill me in on a local honey hole Haha.

I used to to pull trout out of racoon creek and the pumpkinvine creek years ago when I didn't feel like making the drive further up north.Was looking to get back into it this summer.

I was wonder if any of you guys are still having luck around this area? Maybe someone can fill me in on a local honey hole Haha.
24on48hunting 24on48hunting

Raccoon was great till Trout unlimited paid it some attention...now everybody knows about it
Yea i actually tried it yesterday afternoon.i used to go there as a kid with my pops and pull them out along with the pumpkinvine. I worried that with the "virus" going on they aren't stocking this month like they scheduled.

Raccoon Creek doesn’t have good access either, unless you like to ride a bike or don’t mind long walks. If the beavers have the dams blocking the creek, the trout won’t disperse like usual, making them easy prey for folks. Last time I was there, the trout were limited to a 150 yard stretch of the creek due to the dams.

DNR site says they stock pumpkinpile in Polk county but I can never find a fish on any of the drainages listed...I truly don’t believe they ever do stock it

Back
Top Bottom