• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trout Fishermen Take Note

“As a result, Georgia WRD has temporarily suspended its trout stocking program and is in the process of collecting additional trout samples for disease analysis, investigating the source for both pathogens, and identifying disinfectant methodologies for treating the hatcheries.”

I just got this Stocking Report
apparently they have not suspended all stocking

GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES WILDLIFE RESOURCES DIVISION
Weekly Trout Stocking Report: 8/26/2021 - 8/27/2021
DATE COUNTY WATERBODY
8/26/2021 Fannin Blueridge TW
8/26/2021 Fannin Rock Creek (F)
8/26/2021 Lumpkin Boggs Creek
8/26/2021 Lumpkin Dicks Creek
8/26/2021 White Chattahoochee River (WMA)
8/26/2021 White Low Gap Creek
8/26/2021 White Smith Creek
8/27/2021 Rabun Moccasin Creek
8/27/2021 Rabun Tallulah River (R)
8/27/2021 Towns Tallulah River (T)
8/27/2021 Union Cooper Creek
The reason for that is all of those creeks are stocked by the lake burton trout hatchery. I am assuming it came back negative so sounds like they are stocking from there. Also doesn't sound like rock creek hatchery was affected.

I read the same web pages, and called the DNR and asked, if I have trout in my freezer and are going to cook these trout is it harmful to humans, and they said no once you freeze the trout and then cook them the bacteria is gone, and it is not harmful to humans.
I feel like there's something they're not telling me here,
Don't understand why you will not release them into the river to be caught if they're not harmful to humans, I'll feed these trout to the coyotes that I have in my freezer

I read the same web pages, and called the DNR and asked, if I have trout in my freezer and are going to cook these trout is it harmful to humans, and they said no once you freeze the trout and then cook them the bacteria is gone, and it is not harmful to humans.
Don't understand why you will not release them into the river to be caught if they're not harmful to humans, I'll feed these trout to the coyotes that I have in my freezer
I’d be sceptical about that too.

They won't release them into the streams because animals (raccoons, bobcats, fox, dogs ect) don't cook em. By throwing everything out and not properly disposing it can cause way more harm.

Back
Top Bottom