• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Troubling trend here

Grayback

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Anyone else getting PM's regarding your ad(s), from brand new member with zero feedback, sending you someone else's outside direct email?

I have gotten 3 such PM's in the last 1-2 days, from 3 different brand new members. I suspect those members are spammers/spammers. I reported 2 of the messages, and I foolishly deleted the first one (but only because I hadn't noticed a pattern yet).

I doubt that anything will become of those reported bogus users. This place is sorely lacking in moderation. I sent the site owner a PM regarding that, and volunteered to become a moderator, and help keep this great site great. It is going downhill. I also mentioned that I would come on here at least once a day and archive or delete the Wanted and Free ads that were finished (and some even have the titles edited to say Please Delete). Nobody deletes or archives them, and they are just PURE CLUTTER.

I expect that narcissistic (nasty name withheld) will reply to this thread with stupid comments and idiotic memes. People like that here really drag this site down, too. They are the same (nasty name withheld) that reply to For Sale ads with idiotic drivel, cluttering up ads with nonsense. I'm not talking about replies that help an item sell, like "I used to have one of these and it was great. This is a good price". I'm talking about narcissistic drivel.

Again, I am just wanting a great site to stay great. I volunteered to help with that, but the owner didn't even have the common courtesy and decency to reply to my PM. Again - this site is going somewhere, in a handbasket. I truly think that the owner just does not care.

138256433.jpg.jpg

Anyone else getting PM's regarding your ad(s), from brand new member with zero feedback, sending you someone else's outside direct email?

I have gotten 3 such PM's in the last 1-2 days, from 3 different brand new members. I suspect those members are spammers/spammers. I reported 2 of the messages, and I foolishly deleted the first one (but only because I hadn't noticed a pattern yet).

I doubt that anything will become of those reported bogus users. This place is sorely lacking in moderation. I sent the site owner a PM regarding that, and volunteered to become a moderator, and help keep this great site great. It is going downhill. I also mentioned that I would come on here at least once a day and archive or delete the Wanted and Free ads that were finished (and some even have the titles edited to say Please Delete). Nobody deletes or archives them, and they are just PURE CLUTTER.

I expect that narcissistic (nasty name withheld) will reply to this thread with stupid comments and idiotic memes. People like that here really drag this site down, too. They are the same (nasty name withheld) that reply to For Sale ads with idiotic drivel, cluttering up ads with nonsense. I'm not talking about replies that help an item sell, like "I used to have one of these and it was great. This is a good price". I'm talking about narcissistic drivel.

Again, I am just wanting a great site to stay great. I volunteered to help with that, but the owner didn't even have the common courtesy and decency to reply to my PM. Again - this site is going somewhere, in a handbasket. I truly think that the owner just does not care.

The owner never replies to messages sent to him unless it involves money. I speak from experience.

I hate old ads that never go away too. If it's marked as "gone" it should be either totally deleted or moved into an specific area where you could go search to see them. They shouldn't be mixed in with current ads.

Back
Top Bottom