• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tribute, The sound of silence

Absolutely. And it's a long story but one of the ones that was lost ended up sharing Jesus with a couple of SEALs that were attached to his platoon. At his funeral, they spoke about how because of knowing him, they knew they would see him again in glory. It was a powerful and moving thing.

I guess where I still wrestle is that the mettle of the men sending these boys into battle has all but diminished in the past decade or so. Things have gotten so convoluted for me since 9/11. I wonder what they died for, you know? I mean, I know what they died for, the guy next to them...but in the grand scheme of things, what? With our gloriously awful exit from Afghanistan...I just wonder was it all in vain.

It wasn't...and I know that...but I'm having a moment of weakness. After 40 some odd years, I guess I'm entitled to one, right? :laugh:
Yes Sir and sadly I agree and I am of the same mind when it comes to the loss of our fighting men and women. The powers that be seem to just not care about throwing us away or throwing away our accomplishments. It is disheartening to say the very least. But down range you are right we fight for our Brothers and sisters and our families. And nothing else matters But GOD and Jesus. When I found Jesus downrange it changed my life for the better.
I finally saw forever and had new purpose. Glory be to GOD.

This morning at my place….
15D87421-79FF-4F1F-B461-261ECA27A9E0.jpeg
BC841AFE-C4AF-49CE-BCEA-660307B881D9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom