• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tribute, The sound of silence

You’re messing with my emotions Brother. Earlier Monday morning, doesn’t look any good for an old fella with tears in the eyes…

Thanks for sharing. I am so grateful to the LORD for all His gracious love and care for us; my Boy is finally coming back home next week or so. Thank you all for your prayers. Let me clean my eyes now….

How you doing this morning Brother?
Honestly, I was doing alright until you posted this. Now I'm all messed up. OttoMan OttoMan knows because of a PM, but I've lost some good people over there over the past few years. Something happened last week that picked a scab concerning one of them, KIA about 11 years ago and all this stuff has resurfaced for me. Indeed, for those whom they have left behind, there is nothing but the sound of silence. Glad you made it home, cowboy.

God bless the men and women who put on the uniform and stand in harm's way, and furthermore, may God continue to comfort the families of those who never came home. :usa2:

You’re messing with my emotions Brother. Earlier Monday morning, doesn’t look any good for an old fella with tears in the eyes…

Thanks for sharing. I so grateful to the LORD for all His gracious love and care for us; my Boy is finally coming back home next week or so. Thank you all for your prayers. Let me clean my eyes now….
Wait? You got a son in the military? Prayers for him in this ****ed up world we find ourselves in. I would not want to be under contract right now with the military.

Honestly, I was doing alright until you posted this. Now I'm all messed up. OttoMan OttoMan knows because of a PM, but I've lost some good people over there over the past few years. Something happened last week that picked a scab concerning one of them, KIA about 11 years ago and all this stuff has resurfaced for me. Indeed, for those whom they have left behind, there is nothing but the sound of silence. Glad you made it home, cowboy.

God bless the men and women who put on the uniform and stand in harm's way, and furthermore, may God continue to comfort the families of those who never came home. :usa2:
Yes Brother…. We are with you and I do feel your pain.
We’re all one… And God has our back…

PM me if there is anything or anyway I can serve you !!

I'm sorry Brother. Just remember the heroes we lost are smiling down on us. We all will meet again.

I'm sorry Brother. Just remember the hero's we lost are smiling down on us. We all will meet again.
Absolutely. And it's a long story but one of the ones that was lost ended up sharing Jesus with a couple of SEALs that were attached to his platoon. At his funeral, they spoke about how because of knowing him, they knew they would see him again in glory. It was a powerful and moving thing.

I guess where I still wrestle is that the mettle of the men sending these boys into battle has all but diminished in the past decade or so. Things have gotten so convoluted for me since 9/11. I wonder what they died for, you know? I mean, I know what they died for, the guy next to them...but in the grand scheme of things, what? With our gloriously awful exit from Afghanistan...I just wonder was it all in vain.

It wasn't...and I know that...but I'm having a moment of weakness. After 40 some odd years, I guess I'm entitled to one, right? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom