• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trespassing while Fishing question

JSoko

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
recently having trouble with trespassers on a creek that the DNR stocks Trout (they come from Cobb and Fulton)
most fish while standing on the bridge
then down to the bank they go, wandering up or down stream

Am I correct in assuming
that if you are in a flowing creek that goes through Private property
and you feet are on the ground you are trespassing
and
if you are floating on the water not touching the ground it is not trespassing:fish2:

Within the banks of the creek, you are not trespassing, you are on state property.
disagree. All depends on what creek you are referring to.
I own to the center of suwanee creek in suwanee and city of suwanee owns the other side to the center of the creek. There is nothing stating "state property" on my creek/property.

Check your deed, GIS map, etc., to be sure. Creeks/rivers can all be different.

Mileage always varies.

You are correct. On top of the water one is not trespassing, but if they are on the bank or standing in the water, or even standing on a rock they are trespassing.

Within the banks of the creek, you are not trespassing, you are on state property.

This is incorrect. The water belongs to the state, but the banks and river or Creek bed belong to whoever is getting the tax bill for it. And they can charge you with trespassing for standing on a rock in the middle of the creek or river that they pay taxes on.
GA waterway laws are different from most others in the country.

disagree. All depends on what creek you are referring to.
I own to the center of suwanee creek in suwanee and city of suwanee owns the other side to the center of the creek. There is nothing stating "state property" on my creek/property.

Check your deed, GIS map, etc., to be sure. Creeks/rivers can all be different.

Mileage always varies.

Indeed, mileage varies. I owned property on Tybee Island with deeds dating to the 1800’s stating property line was the low water mark of the ocean.
When the State, County, DNR, and Mosquito Control Commission got through with it, fully 50% was either property of the state or unbuildable because it is now protected wetlands.

You are correct. On top of the water one is not trespassing, but if they are on the bank or standing in the water, or even standing on a rock they are trespassing.

this is what sticks in my mind from a long time ago

just so happens the bicycle rides have found our tranquil winding roads a few years ago

the vehicles parked at the bridge have bicycles attached
more show up every weekend

did i mention i HATE Bicycle Riders

Why are you goin full Nazi on people fishin. Unless they are trashin it up why not let em.

{"Why are you goin full Nazi"} < now that hurts

trespassing is trespassing

if it were your property you might understand
plus READ the above post

one day it's 2 people, and so on
they multiply like hogs

trespassing is trespassing

if it were your property you might understand
plus READ the above post

one day it's 2 people, and so on
they multiply like hogs

I have creek that runs through my property as well. I just stand on my back deck and stare at them to let them know im watching. They go about there business. Unless they are damaging or trashin it up why not let them enjoy nature.

If it makes you that angry go buy some fence materials and buy a buncha signs that say no tresspassing

Back
Top Bottom