• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree saddle hunting?

That 30 pound summit gets pretty heavy after a while. Can't imagine carrying up a mountain or long distance.

Get this for your Summit. Not cheap but makes packing it a breeze. Takes the weight off your shoulders and straps tight around your chest. I got mine several years ago and wish I had gotten it sooner. Love that harness set up!

Thats the ones I've looked in to getting.

Mostly looking for a quick and light set up for wma hunting. That 30 pound summit gets pretty heavy after a while. Can't imagine carrying up a mountain or long distance.
I use the Lone Wolf assault.
15 pounds with a minimalist pack and I can walk/ stalk to my desired tree, in many cases deep and steep.
Can drag my deer out with all my gear on.
Super light, quiet and rugged but not super comfy and not for extra large guys or people out of shape.
I’m 5’11” 225# and it works well.
I’ve never tried the saddle but I like my minimalist set up .

I appreciate all the input yall. I'm 5'8" 200lbs my worry was I might be too much of a wideass to sit comfortably. The climbing and steadiness is no issue for me I'm just worried about comfort.

I ordered a xop renegade combo since it was on the cheaper end. After sitting in a cruzr yesterday I may regret buying a cheaper one, but if I don't like it as much I'll give it to my nephew. The guys over at cruzr were more than helpful on knowledge and teaching techniques about how to climb, set up, and hunt.
IMG_20220731_154651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom