• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Treasure Hunting - Metal Detectors

Found these this morning in my garden plot.
Tractor pin I lost last year
9mm casing
12 gauge shell
Bullet unknown caliber

I got an ACE 300 for Christmas. My first time out.

My neighbors has an old cemetery dating to 1830. Can't wait to check around there. No not the graves!! Around the homestead.

Attachments

• IMG_3267.JPG
    IMG_3267.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 49
The equipment can get pricey at first but you can totally recover your expenses. I've got a bag of jewelry and silver coins, my at pro has been a great tool.
I think that will be my next detector, really liking the Ace 300 this is my daughter. It does well finding metal but I'm digging a lot of trash. Soon as I figure out what I'm doing it may serve me a lot better.

Y
I think that will be my next detector, really liking the Ace 300 this is my daughter. It does well finding metal but I'm digging a lot of trash. Soon as I figure out what I'm doing it may serve me a lot better.

Yep spend time learning the sounds, practice burying some coins and swinging over them to learn the tones.

The at pro has standard and pro modes and the tones are different, the pro tones really can cut down on digging trash if u just want to coin hunt. I can dig pennies, dukes, quarters all day and have little trash at the end of the day. If you want to start finding gold and silver you dig more trash.

I've got friends with high end minelab detectors that do better overall but you gotta dig a lot of clad to cover 2 grand plus. I think I paid about 500 for mine and a month or two later I dig a gold pendant at the lake. Two holes later I dug a gold/jade/diamond pendant that's easy worth three times the detector. A pile of silver coins and rings since.

I like the old stuff, mill towns from the late 1800s up to 1960 can be so much fun.

Y

Yep spend time learning the sounds, practice burying some coins and swinging over them to learn the tones.

The at pro has standard and pro modes and the tones are different, the pro tones really can cut down on digging trash if u just want to coin hunt. I can dig pennies, dukes, quarters all day and have little trash at the end of the day. If you want to start finding gold and silver you dig more trash.

I've got friends with high end minelab detectors that do better overall but you gotta dig a lot of clad to cover 2 grand plus. I think I paid about 500 for mine and a month or two later I dig a gold pendant at the lake. Two holes later I dug a gold/jade/diamond pendant that's easy worth three times the detector. A pile of silver coins and rings since.

I like the old stuff, mill towns from the late 1800s up to 1960 can be so much fun.
Yeah I'm hooked, I spent years hunting for indian artifacts but slacked off the past couple of years. Out of all my hobbies they all cost me money and hopefully this will be one that pays me to have fun.

Back
Top Bottom