• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travel out of state with an SBR

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Do I have to notify the A.F.T? And did they change it where I need a response back from them? I was just told a response is needed now when did that change? And I thought you only had to notify the A.F.T. when traveling with full auto or suppressors. Sbrs did not require notification. Any help me out please!

You got it backwards…SBR, machine gun, and DD required suppressors not (but they’d like you to)….it’s a form 20

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...r-temporarily-export-certain-nfa-firearms-atf
D992BC1C-22FB-48FD-9D28-6F06067DB1D7.png

Do I have to notify the A.F.T? And did they change it where I need a response back from them? I was just told a response is needed now when did that change? And I thought you only had to notify the A.F.T. when traveling with full auto or suppressors. Sbrs did not require notification. Any help me out please!
I don’t leave hone without mine!

^^^what runrunner55 said.

You’ll need to make a separate request for each one, but you can give a date range for up to one year to take multiple trips on the same request. I do this once a year for a couple of sbr’s that I frequently take over to the cmp in Alabama. Turn around time is a couple weeks, sometimes sooner. There’s also an email address to make the request but I have always received the snail mail paper back before my email was answered.

Don't call me I don't have that kind of bail. It says you're supposed to carry your license on you at all times but the way some of these states are these days you're taking a serious chance. If you happen to slip into a state that outlaws guns and cars you're crap creek without a paddle putting it lightly.

Reactions: TRS
Back
Top Bottom