• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travel interstate with a SBR

Your supposed to wear a mask all the time as well. Not supposed to carry a firearm in places with no gun signs as well. Doesnt mean everyone does...

And when you’re ****ing all of the law abiding stamp
Collectors by doing so remember that bump stocks and pistol braces use to be ok before an ignorant ass took the same approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And when you’re ****ing all of the law abiding stamp
Collectors by doing so remember that bump stocks and pistol braces use to be ok before an ignorant ass took the same approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few stamps so I play their game but I'm also not a subject. Ill make my choices I see fit. I love your "law-abiding stamp owner vomment." So tell me something when do you not become a law abiding stamp\gun owner? There is a line, one day we will be up against it. Turn over your stupid bump stock, your brace, your 10+ round mags, all your guns. Be a good subject and hand them over.

Back to the topic at hand, you are supposed to submit a Form 20 (5320.20)

The title of the form is 'Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms Act (NFA) Firearms'.
This is asking for permission, and you are supposed to wait until they approve it before you take it across state lines.

When you physically move your permanent residence, like a change of address, you are supposed to notify the BATFE of the address change.
This is notifying the ATF that your NFA devices are going to be living at a new address. I have seen multiple non-ATF subject matter experts say that it only applies if your new address is in a different state than it was previously, for what that's worth. I'd notify them of the address change regardless,

PDF formatted Form 20.: https://www.atf.gov/file/4781/download

The instructions state:
A written request and prior authorization from ATF to transport interstate or in foreign commerce any destructive device, machinegun, short- barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun is required under the provisions of Section 922 (a)(4), Title 18, U.S.C., and Section 478.28, Title 27, CFR, a letter of request, in duplicate, containing all information required on this form, may be submitted in lieu of the form.

As a side note, notice that suppressors and AOW are exempt from the process since they are not included in the list of applicable NFA devices.

Back
Top Bottom