• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trappers in Georgia

Usmcvet

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Been browsing for a while and dont see too much on trapping furbearers. This is my second season so im a novice. Dont have access to very much land for trapping but have got many a coons and possums and finally got my first red fox this week. Just looking for a place to share photos and tips. I have my commercial trapping license and would like to find someone with a coyote problem. Im located in Covington and can really only trap other land on weekends. Heres a pic of the red i got this week.
20220115_081329.jpg

Good luck Coyotes are tough to catch IMHO

i had a sprung trap last weekend , now I think that Coyote rolled on trap bed. Reading where bait , scent needs to be deep in hole if on top encourages rolling. I am unsure.

Yessir, I just finished a night vision rifle for some coyote/hog hunts. Id still prefer trapping though, just aint had any luck yet. Since trapping opened, i had probably 6 or so traps get dug up and flipped over. Something is out there outsmarting me. I assume it is/was a fox

I used to trap a fair bit years ago, now I only assist a relative at times on the line. We have a camp with some ponds, the beavers are always plugging the pipes, ongoing effort. With the price of furs down, some furs get tanned for another relative to make crafts with.

I was more of a water & coon trapper back in the day, not so much the predators.
Here’s a picture from around our camp ponds.

Attachments

• 6146DC18-23D1-46DF-9F9C-51AC8DCFCA54.jpeg
    6146DC18-23D1-46DF-9F9C-51AC8DCFCA54.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 71
Im wanting to catch me a beaver also, i have a small creek on my line but no sign of beaver. That looks like a dang good haul though. I looked into selli g my furs but didnt seem worth it. Maybe if you was trapping full time but im only tending around a dozen traps a day on top of full time job. Get home dispatch and skin then flesh and its bed time. All for a couple bucks too.

Lots of rats always loved catching beaver and muskrat.
occasionally mink

i have caught lots of fox, one Bobcat , tons of coons

way back when fur was $$$

Back
Top Bottom