• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trap Shooting

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to shoot trap with. I am a complete novice. I am looking for something on a regular basis. Doesn't have to always be trap. I just bought a trap gun so i want to give it a go. I have shot a little skeet before and would like to give sporting clays a try. If you go regular invite me along I am a pretty nice guy. If not just don't invite me any more. ;)

I work until about 4 weekdays and Sunday off Saturdays.

Cheers
Bryan

Hey Bryan, have you ever tried Wolf Creek?

We tried it a while back and we posted pics and stuff but I can't find the link. The staff there is the BEST!

We'll be going back when the weather gets cooler. Will send you a PM to see if you're available.

I'll be shooting at Wolf Creek Saturday the 14th around 10-11am...It is truly a great sport. I quit punching paper to watch the clays explode @ 40mph...Let me know if you would like to go.

Hey Bryan, have you ever tried Wolf Creek?

We tried it a while back and we posted pics and stuff but I can't find the link. The staff there is the BEST!

We'll be going back when the weather gets cooler. Will send you a PM to see if you're available.

I have shot skeet there before a couple of years ago. Please do let me know When you plan to go.

Bryan

I'll be shooting at Wolf Creek Saturday the 14th around 10-11am...It is truly a great sport. I quit punching paper to watch the clays explode @ 40mph...Let me know if you would like to go.

I would enjoy going very much. Will you be shooting Trap or Skeet? I know what you mean,it is very rewarding to see the target break.

I just bought a Beretta TR-1 Trap Special single barrel and I have my eye on a Winchester 101 in 20 gauge. I know there are more modern guns out there but I am a sucker for vintage.

Look forward to meeting and shooting with you.
Bryan

Just remember, that Beretta is a full choke. Unless you are shooting handicap, take your time and let the clay get out there a little.

Just made the connection... I've shot that gun, very nice. I love trap. It's easier, to me, than skeet. Hey Bear, wanna go a round of skeet tomorrow?

By Wolf Creek, you guys mean Tom Lowe in South Atlanta? I used to go fairly often, but haven't been in maybe a year or so. I'm due for a trip if I can find a .410 to borrow :D

I finally went to Tom Lowe Saturday and shot my first rounds of trap. It was not busy at all with it being a little chilly and football. I shot two rounds breaking 16 each. Took a little break and shot two more breaking 18 each. I am trying to arrange my schedule so I can shoot in a league some where. Either at Tom Lowe or River Bend. I really like shooting sporting clays but it is so much less expensive to shoot trap or skeet. i will just slip a round of sporting clays in on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom