• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training calendar for the first half of 2021

Definitely interested in the introduction to the AR. I shoot them all the time, but need to brush up on things I actually know about the gun itself..

Pistol/carbine stuff. I don't know what, specifically, but I want to do at least a couple classes next year. I'm sure you will have some good courses coming up, so I'll keep an eye out. Thanks Shep.

Will a regular scoped deer rifle be OK?

Some will......some won’t.

The system you use needs to be capable of 1MOA or better. Many hunting rifles will do that, but only for short strings, with the groups opening greatly as the barrel heats up.

I’ve had a few students run their hunting rig over the years. Usually, if we don’t shoot long, barrel-heating strings, and give their rifles time to cool down, they do OK.

Reactions: MRH
I also have rifles and optics to loan for the course.

That's really cool, but I hope to have a more dedicated long range rifle in the near future. Still, I could learn a lot about what I do or do not want if I'm shooting a loaner...Curious, how far out does the typical class go? 1k yards?

That's really cool, but I hope to have a more dedicated long range rifle in the near future. Still, I could learn a lot about what I do or do not want if I'm shooting a loaner...Curious, how far out does the typical class go? 1k yards?

In the Basic Precision Rifle Course we shoot out to 1,000 yards.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom