• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traeger; any recommendations

I love my RecTec Bullseye. Great sear since they get up to 750 degrees, and low is around 200, less if I change the feed rate. The best pellets I have used are the Smokehouse brand at Sams. 40 pound bag will run you 15.00 all day long. My father-in-law has a Traeger that costs probably 3 times what my Bullseye costs, but the food that comes out is identical. Also, most all of the Weber kettle attachments fit the Bullseye as well.

As far as rubs go, its a never ending quest. A lot of people swear by the Meat Church brand.
Cool thanks for the info. The traeger was given to me. I'm normally a Weber charcoal dude. Just don't have any experience with pellet smokers. Very helpful and much appreciated

Cool thanks for the info. The traeger was given to me. I'm normally a Weber charcoal dude. Just don't have any experience with pellet smokers. Very helpful and much appreciated
If you’ve never used a pellet smoker, then you are in for a treat. They are amazing compared to all other methods. You set the temp and walk away. You shouldn’t be peaking while slow smoking a butt, but of course we all do. With a pellet smoker, there’s no need to for hours.

I use mine to reverse sear steaks. During the warmer months, I do 3 a week.

AF317735-ED07-46B5-BA9D-D7C71C0C20E9.jpeg

Charcoal or Propane for me, this modern stuff just doesn't fit my style or pocketbook.
Love charcoal, but it takes forever to get up to temperature, then adding more charcoal during the cook is a pain.

Propane has no smoke flavor. I’ve tried adding the small wood chip box, but it just isn’t the same.

Back
Top Bottom