• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trading platforms, wallets and digital currency

CUTBAIT

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
17   0
Reaction score
Wtf!
So .....I want to dabble. Maybe get some bitcoins or assortment of smaller known coins. Where and how do I do this.
Also maybe I want to get some apple or tesla stock. How do I do this? I currently only have mutual funds.
I was looking at robinhood or e-trade or fidilety. Can I do that with those?
Do I have to buy bitcoin throught the bitcoin exchange or can I use one of the 3 I mentioned?

And whatever else y'all think I should know. I've searched but not found exactly what I was looking for on here

Watch some YouTube videos on how to set up and buy/trade crypto. No way an ODT member is going to write a "how to" manual on crypto and post it here. It would take weeks if not months. It's not a simple market. Here are some starter channels.

The Modern Investor
Altcoin Daily
Lark Davis
Rex Kneisley (Crypto Dad) for Ledger Nano tutorials
CryptoJack

Also, I use TD Ameritrade for equities & bonds. They offer much more variety in the way of services, products, and research than a phone based app like Robinhood. Also, they're likely not "going out of business" any time soon. There's no such thing as a commission-free lunch. :lol:

I second TD Ameritrade. Opening a brokerage acct is simple and they have tons of information, tools and it's easy to use. Buy your stocks there, and invest in crypto elsewhere. I currently use coinbase to buy crypto but going to take a second look at them as their fees seem to be a little on the high side. But again, they are easy as pie. Definitely do NOT buy your crypto on an exchange and keep it there, buy a hard wallet (Ledger Nano) and transfer it there. Overall, once you get started it's not as hard as you think.

Back
Top Bottom