• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tractor with FEL

My tractor is 21hp, 4x4, w/ FIL . I have the belly mower but it needs a gearbox, have a bushog, auger, scrape blade, seed thrower, back hoe, fence/ditch string trimmer, rock rake, and canopy. Sorry araomd araomd I'm not trying to hijack your thread.

Unfortunately, as you've probably figured out, this is the wrong time to be looking for a great deal on a low hours tractor.

So I finally had time to research exactly what I wanted and have been looking around. You are right, it's the Great Tractor Shortage of 2020. Many of the JD and Kubota dealers around have told me they have maybe a fifth of the tractors on their lots as they usually do. I might wait a couple of months and see if I can get a better deal later this year.

I recently (before TSHTF) purchased a kubota L3901 and now have 110 hours on it. I wanted the xtra hp and had researched the particulate filter extensively. It's really no big deal AND the exhaust fumes that come out and up into your face won't be killing you. I normally don't care, but in this instance I consider it a benefit. It regens every 20 hours or so and I hardly notice. It just does it while I'm using the tractor. I've timed it and it takes right at 8 minutes for mine to do it's thing. I just keep the RPM's right at the 540 range, where it stays anyway and it regens. No loss in power that I can tell. Being a HST model, you have to keep the RPM's up at all times anyway. If I'd gotten the gear model I would definitely have avoided the DPF as you typically lug around at lower RPMs which causes the crud to build up faster and shortens the lifespan of the filter.

Kubota says they'll last 3000 hours before needing to be "cleaned". At the rate i'm going, I'll never hit 3k with this tractor and if I do, oh well. Just another maintenance item.

Also, I was at Mason Tractor in McDonough (where I bought mine) about a week ago and they have several crates of 3901's stacked up waiting to be assembled. Might be worth giving them a shot if you are in the market for a Kubota.

In regards to a "better deal", ain't gonna happen. If anything you'll get a worse deal.

1) Tractors rarely change so they don't cut deals like they do with cars as there are really no model years that anyone pays attention to. A 3901 today is the same as the one last year and so on. They rarely change them...which is a good thing cause it means they hold their value.

2) The metals needed to build the tractors are continuing to dry up so they are going to continue to be in short supply for the foreseeable future.

3) The value of the dollar is continuing to decline so you have that to factor in. Any tractor you buy today is going to continue to hold value as the dollar declines.

Check the prices on used Kubotas! I bought new simply because the used prices were so close to new. Since I had the xtra cash, it wasn't worth saving a few bucks and buying a used one. It's nuts. And I believe they are still offering 0% financing! Can't beat that.

I recently (before TSHTF) purchased a kubota L3901 and now have 110 hours on it. I wanted the xtra hp and had researched the particulate filter extensively. It's really no big deal AND the exhaust fumes that come out and up into your face won't be killing you. I normally don't care, but in this instance I consider it a benefit. It regens every 20 hours or so and I hardly notice. It just does it while I'm using the tractor. I've timed it and it takes right at 8 minutes for mine to do it's thing. I just keep the RPM's right at the 540 range, where it stays anyway and it regens. No loss in power that I can tell. Being a HST model, you have to keep the RPM's up at all times anyway. If I'd gotten the gear model I would definitely have avoided the DPF as you typically lug around at lower RPMs which causes the crud to build up faster and shortens the lifespan of the filter.

Kubota says they'll last 3000 hours before needing to be "cleaned". At the rate i'm going, I'll never hit 3k with this tractor and if I do, oh well. Just another maintenance item.

Also, I was at Mason Tractor in McDonough (where I bought mine) about a week ago and they have several crates of 3901's stacked up waiting to be assembled. Might be worth giving them a shot if you are in the market for a Kubota.

In regards to a "better deal", ain't gonna happen. If anything you'll get a worse deal.

1) Tractors rarely change so they don't cut deals like they do with cars as there are really no model years that anyone pays attention to. A 3901 today is the same as the one last year and so on. They rarely change them...which is a good thing cause it means they hold their value.

2) The metals needed to build the tractors are continuing to dry up so they are going to continue to be in short supply for the foreseeable future.

3) The value of the dollar is continuing to decline so you have that to factor in. Any tractor you buy today is going to continue to hold value as the dollar declines.

Check the prices on used Kubotas! I bought new simply because the used prices were so close to new. Since I had the xtra cash, it wasn't worth saving a few bucks and buying a used one. It's nuts. And I believe they are still offering 0% financing! Can't beat that.

that’s where I bought mine too.

You're welcome to come here and play with this kabota. If you're seriously interested after that, you can take it and try it on your property. I will even let you use my trailer
Thanks. I'll probably take you up on that.

Back
Top Bottom