• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trackrock Hammer-in Spring 2018 Event

Looking forward to it. It’s been something I’ve been interested in for years but never got around to giving it a try. Maybe this will push me over the edge? Lol

It's a really neat event. I would say "cool", but with all of those forges fired up, it ain't really cool. Carl and all the other smiths/knifemakers are very willing to talk and teach. Trackrock campground is a great place to visit or stay at also.

We will have a lot of folks there that like to "push" but remember the edge is very, very sharp and most often still hot!
Just wait until you see what some of the youngsters can do. Make you feel old (like me).
BolivianSisters102916.jpg
Scout Hod. at 4 rev.jpg

Heck, it's every kids' dream - playing with fire, hitting things with a hammer, making lots of noise, running around with sharp pointy things, getting filthy! Everything Mom wouldn't let you do growing up (what's not to like?).

You will enjoy it! Carl and the folks are great people..I wonder if Scott Razor Blades will be there?
He is planning to bring his forge/anvil/hammers and do a little work. He's beginning to see just how much more fun forging a blade is compared to stock removal.
We just got through with a private one day forging class for a group of professional ladies (31 I think) at his place. All had a good time and many forged blades that were completed to the point of just needing handles and a sheath - profiled, drilled for pins, heat-treated, finish grinds, etc. I had three excellent students that got their's done to this point. They come to do-it not watch and are serious about it. All good!

He is planning to bring his forge/anvil/hammers and do a little work. He's beginning to see just how much more fun forging a blade is compared to stock removal.
We just got through with a private one day forging class for a group of professional ladies (31 I think) at his place. All had a good time and many forged blades that were completed to the point of just needing handles and a sheath - profiled, drilled for pins, heat-treated, finish grinds, etc. I had three excellent students that got their's done to this point. They come to do-it not watch and are serious about it. All good!
Look forward to seeing both of you!

I'm terrible with names (not just an age thing) so you guys please take the time to find me and introduce yourselves. I am good with faces but it takes time to get the names connected.

I'm terrible with names (not just an age thing) so you guys please take the time to find me and introduce yourselves. I am good with faces but it takes time to get the names connected.
Anybody going to be wearing their ODT stuff so we can recognize each other?

Back
Top Bottom