• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trackrock Hammer-in Fall 2017

C Rex

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
Hey folks my 33rd Hammer-in event is coming up next month. Sorry for the late posting, just been real busy this year. Please read notice attached.

Not all great knives are hammered from steel!
TR Benefit Knife 9-2017.JPG

Fall Trackrock Benefit Knife
Handcrafted and donated by my good friend and exceptional flint knapper Benjie Cronic.
The 6” blade is knapped from India Bloodstone with an antler handle and comes with display stand shown.
It will be on display during the Hammer-in.
We raffle off a custom hand made knife at each event. Proceeds go to Scottish Rite Childrens’ Hospital in Atlanta, GA
Tickets are $10.00 – you do not have to be present to win (but you really need to see this in person, it’s a beauty!)

#33 Trackrock Hammer-in Fall 2017
Date:
Weekend of Sept 29th & 30th
Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM 706-745-2420
Best News: Open to all & no admission fees!
Activities:
Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Anything Knife Related
Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.
General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
This is a Family oriented event so:
Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated!

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.

Charity Knife Raffle: Custom knife will be on display during the event and drawing will be Saturday pm. Proceeds go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or Scottish Rite (here in Atlanta)

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels near: Blairsville and Young Harris.

Catered BBQ plate on site Saturday lunch – Pricing subject to caterer’s expenses.

Please contact me via pm if you wish to participate, or need any further information.

Carl Rechsteiner

I have been several times and it is well worth going to see.. Many Craftsman tons of skills and artwork, You can get to use a forge and learn..Carl is great guy and has a ton of talent and skills..

Wish I could be there. Sounds like fun and I've wanted to visit a place that does the forging demos.
It's been so much fun that this is the 33rd Trackrock HI event I've held (2 each year). Next one should be around the end of March 2018, so make plans.
You might also want to check out both the Georgia Custom Knifemakers' Guild and the Flint River Knife Club (I am a member of both). We often have forging demos at these meetings as well as other knifemaking related demos. If you are interested send me a pm and I'll get contact info to you.

Back
Top Bottom