• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tourniquets?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
Not Chi-Com "training" shyte, real tourniquets (CAT) for my trauma kits at the gun club.

Recon Medical seems to be out or not handling them anymore. I ordered a couple on Amazon and received garbage.

I need real CATs with aluminum windlasses, not plastic straws.

Any input?

I prefer NAR ones however they have plastic windlass.

If you sign up on NAR website, you will get discounts emailed to you pretty frequently that are 25% off.

Also, when ordering medical gear, Galls and LAPD are my go to when not ordering straight from the manufacturer.

Amazon sells cheap China copies to often for me to trust them with my life.

I prefer NAR ones however they have plastic windlass.

If you sign up on NAR website, you will get discounts emailed to you pretty frequently that are 25% off.

Also, when ordering medical gear, Galls and LAPD are my go to when not ordering straight from the manufacturer.

Amazon sells cheap China copies to often for me to trust them with my life.
Its the one I carry and its what my uncle recommends who was an Army Medic for 10 years and current Nurse, former paramedic. If he says it works, then I'll trust him on it. Mine has the plastic windlass as well.

Here is the one I have from NAR with a MOLLE carrying pouch. This one is at least 2 years old. Probably older.

Attachments

• EAC1DB40-4E0B-4881-AAEF-E7681B4B883A.jpeg
    EAC1DB40-4E0B-4881-AAEF-E7681B4B883A.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 29
Its the one I carry and its what my uncle recommends who was an Army Medic for 10 years and current Nurse, former paramedic. If he says it works, then I'll trust him on it. Mine has the plastic windlass as well.
I'm TCCC certified myself and have been for the better part of a decade. Also been redcross first aid/CPR/AED certified for twice as long... I've used NAR gear to save lives, it works.

It's larger then most others but it simply works and the fact that it has a plastic windlass doesn't mean anything less of it.

I've always been okay with people buying Uncle Mike Holsters for the SDV9 but when it comes to life or death medical equipment, buy quality. The difference is $10, maybe? Barely buy a pack of smokes for that now a days. ( GFFL)

Not Chi-Com "training" shyte, real tourniquets (CAT) for my trauma kits at the gun club.

Recon Medical seems to be out or not handling them anymore. I ordered a couple on Amazon and received garbage.

I need real CATs with aluminum windlasses, not plastic straws.

Any input?
TruPrep TruPrep has all the gen 7 CAT tourniquets you want. If it's too far from Macongo, I can grab them and ship them down to you.

Back
Top Bottom