• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tool Box Organization

djocon93

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Builder of Guns, Rider of Bikes, Waster of Ammo
127   0
Reaction score
Fairly sure I'm putting this in the right area, most of my time previously on ODT was spent in the Trading Post area, so let me know if I am in the wrong spot!

Just got my first roller cart style toolbox, sure is nice having all these drawers! Anyone have any clever suggestions for organizing the drawers? Trays, dividers etc? Any products for that you particularly like?

I am partial to this one
20200118_115713.jpg

Ended up going with this for screwdrivers ($6 on Amazon) and a $10 plier rack from harbor freight. Helped make everything easy to find which is my biggest goal at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_213455.jpg
    IMG_20200125_213455.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 70022_W4.jpg
    70022_W4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 60
I have a stackable box. Sockets and ratchets on top. I have a September drawers for allen wrenches, screwdrivers, sae wrenches, metric wrenches, pliers, hammers. Bottom has a drawer for filter wrenches and specialty tools, electrical stuff such as meters. Drawer for wood stuff such as drill bits and such and a few more that have all kinds of things. Pipe wrenchs chisels. Just catch all drawers. Also have a separate box that contains only gun cleaning stuff. Need a bigger one of those.

Hard to beat a good machinist box
I just upgraded to a new husky box. I'm gonna buy some peg style socket organizers. Sockets seem to be the place where you lose the most space at. I'll take some pictures tomorrow of how I have some of my stuff organized to give you a visual and inspiration
IMG_20200118_092141.jpg

I have the roll cart below set up for automotive use with heavy/ misc big items on very bottom (impact, pry bars, misc junk). Bottom drawer has larger heavier items (hammers, specialty tools, extras, etc) Top full width drawer is nothing but wrenches. I have two wrench organizers one for SAE the second for Metric. there is room for some other "custom" wrenches that every mechanic has (cut socket welded to old wrench for that one nut/ spark plug you cant get to). Bottom left drawer is pliers, channel locks, vise grips. Top Left drawer is Small MISC (batteries, razor blades, zip ties, etc). Right drawer I keep all my wiring stuff (wire cutters, crimpers, connectors, test light, volt meter etc.) Top area is sockets of all kinds, Deep, shallow, SAE, Metrick 6pt, 12pt, extensions. I use the plastic organizers below. On the left side i keep screw drivers, right side i have ratchets, breaker bars, large extensions. I set mine up with the handle on the right side, Cup holder on the left. I also replaced the two fixed casters with swivel casters so i can spin it in a circle in place.

64030_I.jpg

image_17884.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/professional-14-wrench-holder-4800.html
image_15658.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/metric-socket-trayorganizer-3-pc-68102.html

in. Mainly organize drawers on priority of use. Most used goes in top and lower drawers are less used. We use 5S at work so everything HAS to be organized

Back
Top Bottom