• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tommy Built gets hammered by ATF

Sad days
20180822_114720.jpg
sRaEtcGg.jpg

Once again ruling by decree... approved design by atf should always remain approved hope he sues the piss out of atf
Was it approved? Understand, I don't think there should be any restriction, but if you're trying to play by the existing rules then play by them. Don't be shocked if you gamble on approval, start selling before you get it and then get burned because you didn't get it.

If that's what happened, this company should eat the entire cost of replacement.

Reading between the lines of the opening paragraph of that letter, it sounds like they were counting on the use of an already approved design (ie: SL8 design) to keep them in good graces with the ATF. It seems like a logical enough line of reasoning, but as we know, ATF reasoning is specious at best.

Reading between the lines of the opening paragraph of that letter, it sounds like they were counting on the use of an already approved design (ie: SL8 design) to keep them in good graces with the ATF. It seems like a logical enough line of reasoning, but as we know, ATF reasoning is specious at best.
Possibly. Need more info about this to determine fault. Unless there was a clearn notification to the end users that this design might not be approved before they bought it, they should not have to pay a dime.

Yes, I think that may be the case. I have heard of other products, somewhat riding on the coat-tails of other approvals, and then get called out on it. Surprisingly, I guess not everyone asks permission first?

Back
Top Bottom