• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tom Selleck my hero

He's a paid spokesman for infomercials. It's not like the guy is holding your granny's hand to the paper forcing her to sign away home life. Anybody with common sense should know a reverse mortgage is a terrible idea. Then again people are still sending their bank account info over to wealthy Nigerian heirs too so I'm not shocked people fall for this scam. And besides, it's their house, you're not "entitled" to inherit it free and clear. If they want the money for something else, good for them. It's their house/money to begin with.

Tom Selleck my hero I can’t wait to get my reverse mortgageI can’t wait to get my reverse mortgage !what a way to stick it to your heirs, I love this !will start to put this in place soon!Lol

We disagree..

I don't know about Selleck plan..But I have no problem with Rev Mortgages.

How does a "Reverse Mortgage stick it to your heirs"?
The only drawback to some RevMortgages can be fees(like all mortgages) fees to get the appraisal and get it set up.. but after that..

How does a "Reverse Mortgage stick it to your heirs"?..

I have to LOL, at least a little, at people who universally decry various financial instruments. There is a reason they ALL exist. They all make sense for SOME people in SOME situations. If you have no heirs, are nearing the end of your life, why wouldn't you want to start to convert assets and enjoy or benefit from them while you still can?
I assume I personally will never be in a situation where a reverse mortgage makes sense for me, but there's no way to know for sure. Financial instruments are not inherently "good" or "bad". They are neutral. Your particular situation makes them "right" or "wrong" for YOU.

I have to LOL, at least a little, at people who universally decry various financial instruments. There is a reason they ALL exist. They all make sense for SOME people in SOME situations. If you have no heirs, are nearing the end of your life, why wouldn't you want to start to convert assets and enjoy or benefit from them while you still can?
I assume I personally will never be in a situation where a reverse mortgage makes sense for me, but there's no way to know for sure. Financial instruments are not inherently "good" or "bad". They are neutral. Your particular situation makes them "right" or "wrong" for YOU.

Agreed..Have you guys ever heard the expression .."You cant eat the bushes"?
Guess what?..If you live long enough and you have a big paid for house but you have outlived most of your saving and could sell but you don't wanna move?
You will start to understand.

Agree. Thanks.

With a moustache like that, how could he be lying???

iconic-moustaches-tom-selleck.jpg

Not what Quigley Down Under would have done.........but then, that's what Hollyweird is all about - warping minds.

Reminds me of the old joke - Guy says to a girl in the bar "Would you sleep with me for a $1,000"? She says "Yes" then he says "Would you sleep with me for $100"? She says "What kind of girl do you think I am"? Guy says "We've already established that, now we're just haggling about the price" :becky:.

Back
Top Bottom