• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today is the day!

C Drill97

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Today, the hospital will call and have us come for my wife to be induced into labor. Our original due date was August 10th, but due to blood pressure with my wife they’re inducing early. We’re expecting our little girl to weigh between 7.5 and 8 pounds. She’s our first, I’m 24 and the wife is 25. It took us right at a year to get pregnant and almost giving up and then we were blessed with our little girl. Her name will be Blake Raine Patterson. Prayers everything goes smoothly and she stays healthy(both of them) would be greatly appreciated! Pics either today or tomorrow after she’s here.

Make sure you take plenty of tootsie pops and other hard candy for you to eat when you can't leave the room while your wife is having contractions. 37 years ago when we had our daughter my wife was in labor for 23 hours. Her bag was stuffed with goodies and it was the only thing that got me through all those hours. She had IV's and they fed her but I was out of luck.

Good luck to you and prayers going out for the 3 of you that your first day as parents and child are a wonderful day. In a few days all the tiredness and pain will be distant memories, except you'll be entering a time where there is little rest, lots of worries about little things and endless joy.

Back
Top Bottom