• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Today’s high tech question.

ItBeMe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
34   0
Reaction score
This is a plug for a battery tender what is the top terminal use for.
D2A05947-434A-495F-95E9-3CC52DE7F167.jpeg

If it is on the 12V (or DC) side I am guessing that it is there as an alignment pin so that you cannot hook it up backwards.
the tenders cant hook up backwards. on the batt/vehicle side the hot post is insulated,on the charger side its open. that way its isolated on the hot side for the battery.
kinda like a trailer plug on your truck. all the hots are covered on the power side and open on the trailer side.
checked my supplier and it looks like there is a new model tender. its a 5amp model. works just fine with the 2.5 standard model. this is just another option and the third wire is used when "faster" charging is needed ,unhook it for standard storage..

the tenders cant hook up backwards. on the batt/vehicle side the hot post is insulated,on the charger side its open. that way its isolated on the hot side for the battery.
kinda like a trailer plug on your truck. all the hots are covered on the power side and open on the trailer side.
checked my supplier and it looks like there is a new model tender. its a 5amp model. works just fine with the 2.5 standard model. this is just another option and the third wire is used when "faster" charging is needed ,unhook it for standard storage..
I see what you mean. Kind of hard to tell from the view in the picture. I have an onboard charger on my boat and it is just wired directly to the battery with an AC 110V plug-in through the forward bulkhead. All I do is plug it in to and extension cord.

Given the size it looks like a recharger for a 9V battery... Looks like that's just where the strap that shows in the background is attached.

Back
Top Bottom