• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To those who plan to meet up post-SHTF: what if the "S" is a pandemic?

buddy5954

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
You have to have people you can trust if anything ever did break out you could not do it all on your own

being alone in any type of shtf simply means one thing. You die alone.

I have a small set (wont even qualify as a group) of folks that will be with me in any shtf scenario. Always open to blending with a larger group or taking others on. Alone = death in short order...

I see it as a wave .. alone your chances are slim ... as you add a handful of people your chances increase... as the group b/c larger, say 7-15 your chances decrease and as your group becomes much larger, 20+ your chances dramatically increase.

alone, you cant watch your back, with a few you can cover yourselves and are still small enough to be unnoticed... the mid range groups are not quite big enough to fight off the big groups and not quite small enough to remain unnoticed. The big groups... well, your a shark in a tank of guppies.

Last edited:
being alone in any type of shtf simply means one thing. You die alone.

I have a small set (wont even qualify as a group) of folks that will be with me in any shtf scenario. Always open to blending with a larger group or taking others on. Alone = death in short order

I agree 100% very few lone wolfs have what it takes to survive alone. Problem with taking in big groups is you have no idea who you are getting. With any group you take in you need to train with them go out for a week long survival trip find out what they know and how they can handle not having their comforts and see how they react then you can find out what kind of dangers they put you into and if you and your group do not get together and train together it's a worthless group unless your just going to pillage and plunder who ever you come across.

You have to have people you can trust if anything ever did break out you could not do it all on your own

Do as you wish..i have no intention of allowing anyone to have knowledge of my supply status or the locations of cash or access to my family and knowledge of my travel patterns or sleeep cycles...

Like i said..i trust no one now and wouldnt want someone to have the much info..i sure as hell wouldnt allow someone to have that knowledge i a shtf desperate time scenario...

Again,Do as YOU wish...i will do the same.
in a desperate shtf scenario someone stops by my well on my property to get a drink, he will be met with the sound of a lever action and told to keep moving.(period)

Alone at first (family only), then after the initial problemcalms, find other like minded survivors to group with. You gotta be fluid with this type of thing because the circumstances will dictate much of your actions. JMO.

in a desperate shtf scenario someone stops by my well on my property to get a drink, he will be met with the sound of a lever action and told to keep moving.(period)

which is convenient... as now the two guys (in the treeline) that he was traveling with have just barked off a couple .308 rounds into you as the decoy guy enjoys your (now his) water supply.

if you dont trust anyone... you shouldnt believe that anyone would be dumb enough to walk up on a water supply "alone"

Cheers!

which is convenient... as now the two guys (in the treeline) that he was traveling with have just barked off a couple .308 rounds into you as the decoy guy enjoys your (now his) water supply.

if you dont trust anyone... you shouldnt believe that anyone would be dumb enough to walk up on a water supply "alone"

Cheers!

and why do you assume i would leave my cover?

Back
Top Bottom