• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To those that have run wires down your windshield gap

Wires behind the pillar cover won’t need a line of silicone.

If you are really worried about chaffing or rattling, one blob at the top and bottom wouldn’t hurt. The aircraft standard is secured every 18 inches

yeah that sounds like a better idea. just a blob at the top and bottom.

well i found a WAAAYYYY better option with no drilling. KC makes a rubber channel that goes on the outer edge of your windshield to run the wires down. attaches with sticky tape. ive got me one on order, hopefully be here soon.

link - https://www.kchilites.com/universal-wire-hider-kc-6300.html

buuutttttt i already mounted and wired my front light and rear pods. on separate switches also. now i just have to find a spot i like for the switches.
light bar.jpg

rear pods.jpg

Need to check about running them on the road without a cover. I heard from a friend that when he got pulled over for speeding, they added that on. Said it was a traffic violation to have them on the road without a cover. :wacko::wacko: :confused::confused: just fyi... i dont know how true.:tongue::tongue1:

Need to check about running them on the road without a cover. I heard from a friend that when he got pulled over for speeding, they added that on. Said it was a traffic violation to have them on the road without a cover. :wacko::wacko: :confused::confused: just fyi... i dont know how true.:tongue::tongue1:

i have zero plans to use the light bar on the road. im not that asshole that does that and blinds everyone lol. its for back roads when deer hunting/fishing/camping spots so i can see where im going better. im only 2wd in that escape lol. dont wanna get stuck. the rear pods though may or may not be used to blind tailgaters.......lol.

but ive never seen anybodies light bars run with a cover in any mount position. ill just keep my cover in the back just in case i guess lol. thanks for the heads up, ill have to look into it in case i need to get covers for the pods also.

i have zero plans to use the light bar on the road. im not that asshole that does that and blinds everyone lol. its for back roads when deer hunting/fishing/camping spots so i can see where im going better. im only 2wd in that escape lol. dont wanna get stuck. the rear pods though may or may not be used to blind tailgaters.......lol.

but ive never seen anybodies light bars run with a cover in any mount position. ill just keep my cover in the back just in case i guess lol. thanks for the heads up, ill have to look into it in case i need to get covers for the pods also.
They like that money it seems. I think they use this as an ‘add on’ if they are already giving you a donation coupon. Idk. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom