• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all the Dads advice needed.

So I’m a private person and do not talk about family issues but at this point I’m at a loss. I need some good advice maybe one of you have felt with something like this or have an idea that I haven’t thought of. So long story short I have an almost 12 year old step son. I’ve been around for 6 years and even calls me dad by his own choice. However we can not get his behavior under control. Finally doing better at home but school it’s become even worse. This have been going on for a few years now. Has iss and detention almost every day. Just a few examples threw crayons in class, yelled at teachers more then once, cussed at kids in the middle of the class, vandalized our pool area in are neighborhood.... you get the idea. We have tried ever punishment you can think of besides a belt. Yes we do believe in spankings for kids. Had a Councilor and even dr prescribed meds but nothing has helped. Any you have advice?
We have tried ever punishment you can think of besides a belt. Yes we do believe in spankings for kids. Sounds like you are failing to do you parental duty. You believe in spankings and he has not had his butt tore up yet? ....He will grow up to let the prison system teach him some respect for others.

I have a stepson that is 32 now. Raised him since he was 4. His dad wasn’t around. He is my son to me just like his two brothers. He is back at home now trying to get his life back on track. He has made one bad decision after another and is paying the price now. Used every kind of discipline there is. He was hell bent on doing it his way. I think and can only hope now he knows he was wrong. Sometimes kids don’t turn out how they were raised.

Your son could very well have reactive attachment disorder. you need to find out if he does is a profoundly serious problem and you need to know what to do about it and what you can't do about it.

I would get your son screened by a psychologist, avoid counselors, especially avoid any religious counselor they're quacks and I have personal experience that informs me of this which I won't go into here but get him checked out .

Once you get determination from the psychologist at which point you will know how to deal with the problems that you are having and what to do in the future.

I would definitely try getting him off social media and changing schools because friends a hell of a bad influence, but I would recommend no pills no medicine just love. take him for a hike or fishing

Back
Top Bottom