• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

To all the Dads advice needed.

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
So I’m a private person and do not talk about family issues but at this point I’m at a loss. I need some good advice maybe one of you have felt with something like this or have an idea that I haven’t thought of. So long story short I have an almost 12 year old step son. I’ve been around for 6 years and even calls me dad by his own choice. However we can not get his behavior under control. Finally doing better at home but school it’s become even worse. This have been going on for a few years now. Has iss and detention almost every day. Just a few examples threw crayons in class, yelled at teachers more then once, cussed at kids in the middle of the class, vandalized our pool area in are neighborhood.... you get the idea. We have tried ever punishment you can think of besides a belt. Yes we do believe in spankings for kids. Had a Councilor and even dr prescribed meds but nothing has helped. Any you have advice?

15371f9c5a49f69243aed78e12020633.jpg

Brother I really don’t know right now what to tell you as I’ve never been where you are. I do have three children that are grown but not any step children. I can only imagine your pain and if anything after some thought comes to mind I’ll share. I can offer prayers for y’all if you like

Totally agree. My wife and both think it comes from his bio dad. Bio dad has had a lot of mental heath issues. Even tho his not in his life anymore are guess is he got some of that stuff from his dna.
Also remember this.....todays "teachers" are NOT like the teachers we had growin up....EVERY little thing they do "wrong" is always blown waaay the F outta proportion.

Honestly he has a great home life. We’ve put him in every sport he’s ever wanted to try we still eat dinner together as a family every night at the dinner table. Throw the ball with him.. all the normal family/dad stuff. Honestly it’s truly painful because I love being a dad and having a barrier that hinders it is difficult. Very hard to teach a kid who doesn’t Listen or even have the desire to listen

Maybe home schooling would be an option. Most public school systems are just trying to indoctrinate the kids into the liberal mindset these days. So if you can't afford private school ( like me) then that's what you do.
I'm definitely no expert opinion here but if he only acts out at school then it doesn't sound like you are the problem.

Back
Top Bottom