• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tires and suspension

Mr. Goodbar

Default rank 5000+ posts
Savage Hooligan
109   0
Reaction score
2006 ford 150 with 2 1/2" lvl kit. Currently have 275/70R17 thinking about going down either 265/70R17 or 255/75R17. Current tires just cost too much lol and those new sizes are ever so slightly smaller but decent enough price change. Also what tires are good now? I like cooper and saw some continentals too, usually have to buy 5 for 1spare. On another note, i don't drive my truck much so would used tires be a option as well? I know that would limit my choosing

Also shocks are long gone, I've always wanted bilstein shocks. Was thinking of getting rid of my lvl kit and getting the adjustable 5100 ones for the front and non adjustable for the rear

Last set of tires I bought were Falken AT3W and they were pretty nice considering how inexpensive they were. Swapping to Bilsteins would probably improve the ride. I’d run them at 1.5-2” and see how you liked it especially after going to slightly smaller tires.

Used tire , someone else’s problems. Shock yes! Bilstien for sure, or KYB . The sizes are almost all the same , just a few MM different. On my 06 I went with 20 inch

Last set of tires I bought were Falken AT3W and they were pretty nice considering how inexpensive they were. Swapping to Bilsteins would probably improve the ride. I’d run them at 1.5-2” and see how you liked it especially after going to slightly smaller tires.
Yeah I'm slightly nose up so I've heard one notch from the top is 1.75" on the shocks

Back
Top Bottom