• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of taking meds.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has come to the conclusion they are over medicated and decided to take less? I mean there is a pill for cholesterol. There is a pill for blood pressure. There is a pill for anxiety and if that doesn’t work let’s add another. There is a pill for depression once your anxiety is under control and you realize you are numb. When do the side effects out weigh the symptoms

I know there are risk to coming off meds. I also know you should talk to your doctor before doing any of this. Just curious if anyone has taken and then successfully gotten off of and how you felt

Spend more time outside. When my brain and body start getting out of whack I take a few days to suffer. Really, don't take anything more than a bedroll or shelter and go for a couple nights in the woods. Resets me every year or so.
And I don't mean camping or hiking, I love that ****. I mean go be alone with nothing, get hungry, sleep miserably, be cold. It's a good thing. Blood pressure will be 20 points lower and anxiety is over with.

Put all your meds in a glass of water and see what happens after a hour. There is no way a Dr or even a chemist can tell what all those meds complex into once they are in the body. The less meds the better.
Damn, never thought of this. I'm going to give it a try.
I have a severe case of congestive heart failure. I'm taking 6 different medications, so to answer the original poster...yes, I'm seriously tired of taking meds, but my Dr is adamant about not missing any doses....

Since I retired my health has actually gotten better. My liver function spiked and they took me off nearly half the pills I was on. Keep in mind I'm a heart patient so I'll likely always be on some meds. I'm pretty happy at the moment though. Liver function is much better, but not normal yet

Back
Top Bottom