• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of eating Teflon

To echo everyone else, cast iron & stainless. 12 or so years ago wife tested mildly anemic, so we started cooking on cast iron at that time, & have had no anemia since. You can spray your choice of oil with a misto sprayer as well (just don’t turn it sideways pumping or spraying; always upright).

Cast Iron is a labor of love and dedication..After cleaning not with a scour pad but hot water and dry immediately. Oil that puppy right after, cover and she will preform flawlessly. And proper seasoning is paramount, for a life time of performance...

I.like cast iron and have some nice pans, but my stove instructions (glass top) says to avoid using them
SS is what is recommended.

I.like cast iron and have some nice pans, but my stove instructions (glass top) says to avoid using them
SS is what is recommended.
When you do use the stove top as I will with some Brats and onions soon...Don't drag the cast across the glass top..Doing this I have never scratched mine..

If it matters to you, the biggest problem I had was trying to find stainless cookware NOT made in China and ideally made in the US. I wasn't going to pay All Clad money. Had to settle on Cuisinart, made in France.
My stainless is all Cuisinart. Thick steel clad copper bottoms for even heat distribution. Don't allow it to "cook dry" on high heat.

To echo everyone else, cast iron & stainless. 12 or so years ago wife tested mildly anemic, so we started cooking on cast iron at that time, & have had no anemia since. You can spray your choice of oil with a misto sprayer as well (just don’t turn it sideways pumping or spraying; always upright).
And I'm just the opposite. I have hemochromatosis. I have to much iron in my blood. I have had to really watch my red meat intake. I still use my cast iron skillets and dutch oven at hunting camp but I have to be very aware of my iron intake. I donate blood regularly to keep my iron level in check. I have a mix of stainless and non stick at home. Just have to watch the heat on the non stick and also don't use metal utensils. I still have my mom's copper clad Revere pots. They are at least 45 years old and are still in great shape.

When you do use the stove top as I will with some Brats and onions soon...Don't drag the cast across the glass top..Doing this I have never scratched mine..

There are 2 of us that cook. One is a "dragger". It is far more harmonious to tell her the cast iron is bad for the stove, if you catch my drift.

Back
Top Bottom