• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tired of eating Teflon

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I finally threw out the wifes old 5 qt non stick pan. What is your preferred non stick medium that wont transfer to the food? Shes got some copper pots that have not held up that great but Im not sure she doesnt over heat them either. I dont cook so I dont know much. So are copper and ceramic pretty much the two best options?

I like the cast iron and the Le Creuset best

Enameled cast iron like DinkyDau says.

I bought some new cast irons not too long ago but she wants something that can boil water. Or at least get it close to boiling. Can you do that with ceramic/copper? I’ll have to research enameled iron...

I have 3 cast irons that have only seen my Pineapple upside down cakes, they are dedicated to that task only..I wash them after using them. When I put up the cast I do put a small coat of oil on and then cover with a paper towel..Those have seen tons of cakes come off the line...

Yep, cast iron FTW, always. A few stainless pieces as well. I also need to do a purge of teflon but 'occasionally' it is easier. My wife unfortunately thinks we only have one heat setting though when she uses them... WIDE OPEN! :target:
Thats my problem too. Ive told her 10k times not to cook past medium with non sticks. And not to run them through the dishwasher. Ive since started choosing my battles.

Back
Top Bottom