• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tire suggestions

My wife's 2019 Explorer came with Hankook tires. My first thought was I needed to replace them immediately. But they have 28K on them now, quite a bit of tread still left on them and they ride and handle great. Even in the rain. I am very pleasantly surprised.

I notice ours are 50 series and not 55 like yours are?

20210410_220927.jpg
20210410_221001.jpg
20210410_221032.jpg

Any off road use at all?

Just my experience...
F Walmart basic tires. Had a blowout. Cop saw me changing the tire and was cool enough to stop and buffer with his lights on while I changed the tire. He flirted pretty hard with my girlfriend the whole time though, lol.

I had some stock tires on my truck many years ago and spun them in wet grass once. I've used all-weather tires ever since then for my truck. Right now, I'm on Goodyears with some Kevlar Idunnowhat and they are pretty amazing (can find details if you want). Very low noise but they grip just fine when you have to get off pavement a little. They're not mudders but no problems in the rain or a little gravel/mud.

Just depends on usage but overall my experience is that it's worth a little more for a tire upgrade. For the wife's car and minivan we generally go to Costco.

Back
Top Bottom