• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tips and Tricks for removing a BCM Gas block?

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
I started cranking on the allen head and proceeded to break my snap-on bit and remembered they use some type of locking compound. Apparently its stronger than a hair dryer as it did'nt touch it. Am I going to need a torch to break the locking compound?

I started cranking on the allen head and proceeded to break my snap-on bit and remembered they use some type of locking compound. Apparently its stronger than a hair dryer as it did'nt touch it. Am I going to need a torch to break the locking compound?
I use a heat gun instead of a torch I am on the north side of newnan close to Fairburn if you want to come by and try it

BCM uses red Loctite on their gas block set screws. I use a little Kroil and a lot of heat. I also have an EZ Out set for smaller screws like that.

If you want to come by, we should be able to knock it out in a few minutes.

Very interesting! Thanks for the info and pointers. I only need the gas block off to get the barrel nut off. I found a new nut in stock and ordered it.

On the plus side, now you get a new tool!

BCM also used red locktite on the rail on my upper. Heat gun on high for several minutes did the trick. After I stripped a torx wrench.

Gas block has a bigger heat mass, so it needs to heat for a while to break the bond.

Back
Top Bottom