• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time travel?

But you are missing the point "I think"

Since energy can be store ,theroetically it would have no bearing on time travel.

If it is stored it would not have any relevance.

Not disputing energy can be stored, but it is still there none the less, whether it is potential or kinetic. Conservation of Energy's basis for the limitations on time travel looks at ALL energy in the universe. Creation or destruction of energy is absolute, nothing in, nothing out. Energy is finite in our universe and is expressed in two forms, kinetic or potential. Whether it is in motion or stored, it is still a finite amount of "stuff". Time travel would take away or add a small amount at a particular given time in space, which would violate the conservation of energy. This is all theory, not saying it couldn't be done, but if it could, you could throw out conservation of energy as a dependable law and in effect it is plausable that the universe is infinite if energy can be created. There in lies why I believe time travel is impractical, because I believe our universe is finite, and that all existing energy was created, by an infinite God, who exists beyond space and time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy

Energy may be stored in systems without being present as matter, or as kinetic or electromagnetic energy. Stored energy is created whenever a particle has been moved through a field it interacts with (requiring a force to do so), but the energy to accomplish this is stored as a new position of the particles in the field-a configuration that must be "held" or fixed by a different type of force (otherwise, the new configuration would resolve itself by the field pushing or pulling the particle back toward its previous position). This type of energy "stored" by force-fields and particles that have been forced into a new physical configuration in the field by doing work on them by another system, is referred to as potential energy.

So,in theory you and your energy could be cocooned in a field and time travel.
--
Added note: Since energy cannot be destroyed, "IF you Believe in God" then when you die, how can your body and your soul coexist in
two different areas? Even a dead body will give off energy in decomposition. http://www.scianswers.com/topic.php?id=1909

Last edited:
Whether the energy in your body is potential or kinetic is irrelevant, it is still a piece of a whole. Energy exists in both those states in your body right now, and does so at all times.

The very nature of the soul is that is it not a material entity, can you measure man's capacity to do good or evil? Can you measure his belief that there is a superior being? If we were just a product of circumstance, why would we have an ordered society, with laws, and religious faiths? Energy is a physical property of our universe, however the workings of the soul and God are above and beyond our plain or our understanding. I'll end with this comment, as I don't want this thread to turn into a boiler room exploit, just give it some honest consideration.

Wsbrown, I will think about this today, and I truely dont want this to turn into boiler room material.

but also look at the sun it is in one place but its radiant energy is here.

If you could not have your energy in two places at once the the sun would not work,or the string theory would be easily debunked.

remember you have radiant energy and transferance of energy aswell.

Also there is the issue of money as an energy. http://knol.google.com/k/money-is-energy#

with out the prospect of it already existing in the future we would not have a stock market to trade futures.

so in summary: you can theoreticaly, time travel,go to heaven or where ever you believe after death,
and "personal" energy should not be relevant.

----

Added note: Marty McFly seen hisself in the past. :) and so did his girlfriend Jennifer.

If you could not have your energy in two places at once the the sun would not work,or the string theory would be easily debunked.

remember you have radiant energy and transferance of energy aswell.

Also there is the issue of money as an energy. http://knol.google.com/k/money-is-energy#

with out the prospect of it already existing in the future we would not have a stock market to trade futures.

so in summary: you can theoreticaly, time travel,go to heaven or where ever you believe after death,
and "personal" energy should not be relevant.

----

Added note: Marty McFly seen hisself in the past. :) and so did his girlfriend Jennifer.

Im not sure what point you are trying to make with the sun and radiant energy. The sun's energy cannot exist in two places at once. When you burn a piece of wood the majority of the potential energy stored within it is released to its surroundings via heat and light. Once it is in thermal equilibrium with its environment it is "burned out". Likewise the sun heats the earth through a fusion reaction, transmitting the energy to the planets and the far reaches of space as radiation and light. As there is no medium in the vacuum of space, radiation and light is the only means of energy transfer. The sun is not an infinite supply of heat and light, albeit incredibly large it will at some point go out. This is a process of entropy as everything in the universe is moving torwards a state of thermal equilibrium.

I agree personal energy is not relevant, because its not energy rather information. It would be the arrangement of electrons that makes you "you". This leaves the realm of thermodynamics and ventures into quantum physics and the way the world is arranged. I personally feel the soul is something that cannot be measured or clearly defined with science

Back
Top Bottom