• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to call in the dozers and trackhoes...

I

I mean I'd go, but I'm afraid they wouldn't let me leave.
the campus is open. You can drive / walk around, but they don‘t take too kindly to folks ‘letting themselves in’ the buildings. It’s still home for the criminally insane, so there are a few cameras around.

Seriously check out the videos. We're definitely going before Halloween. It's tour and pic worthy. Plus its surrounded by probably 5 prisons most of which are closed and abandoned. It's technically in Hardwick and a good case study in human misary. From what I saw there are thousands of supposedly crazy folks buried out there in unmarked graves.
If you decide to go PM me. It would be a good meet and greet. Plus a guy I work with wants to fly his drone over it and get footage of it.
I’ll meet y’all there and see if I can get my dad to come.

He worked there in the ‘60s and early ’70s and has some good stories. Now he’s the clinic director for the hospital and has some better stories.

Seriously check out the videos. We're definitely going before Halloween. It's tour and pic worthy. Plus its surrounded by probably 5 prisons most of which are closed and abandoned. It's technically in Hardwick and a good case study in human misary. From what I saw there are thousands of supposedly crazy folks buried out there in unmarked graves.
If you decide to go PM me. It would be a good meet and greet. Plus a guy I work with wants to fly his drone over it and get footage of it.
Couple of the guys I went to GMC with in the mid '80s would hire out as runners for the guards training bloodhounds. I said, "No thanks." LOL.

When I was about 19 or so, I was going to Milledgeville with a friend to see some other friends who were in a band play a show there.
I called my mom on the way down to let her know where I would be. As soon as I said "I'm going to Milledgeville", she freaks out wanting to know why. I mean getting really upset. I had no idea about the crazy house down there. She did though because my grandfather used to be a cop and anytime they had to transport someone down there, he just called it going to Milledgeville. I had to quickly put her mind at ease and explain what I was really doing. We laughed about that one many times later on down the road.
Central State Hospital was so well known and infamous thet just saying Milledgeville in the 70s through the early 90s was enough for most people. Milledgeville also has like 4 colleges that occupy nearly all of the downtown area ( and you can peep LOTS of fine honeys down there) but its still mostly known as a prison and asylum town.

Just saw on the WMAZ news that no suspect has been picked up in the mall shooting from yesterday. Plenty of witnesses to be interviewed but nobody arrested yet. How the hell is that? Oh well... I guess they will have to wait on the shooter to brag about it on Fakebook.

Back
Top Bottom