• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tikka muzzle threads

Damn England went metric after we kicked their butt...just to prove a point...lol

It has to be worth while for a manufacturer to produce a muzzle brake, flash hider or suppressor adapter for metric applications.

Fortunately we have several small business that will make you a part but it will cost double to three times as much as it should..but your paying for it to be correct to the smallest detail.

No, this isn’t a special order, or a rifle made solely for the Euro market. They are readily available in the States and Tikka only has one SKU for the 16” .308 T3x Tac A1. They only make a single model in that caliber with that barrel length, and they’re commonly found in the States.

The same .308 rifle with a 20” or 24” barrel is threaded 5/8x24. It’s only the 16” tube that is different.

I am aware of the difference in thread pitches on different sides of the Pond, as well as the overall differences in systems of measurement from America to most of the rest of the world. When you win every World War you’re in, you can pick whatever unit of measure you want.

Lol..true.

I use to be heavy into Tikka/Sako rifles but am down to just a handful now.

16" with a can makes for a handy rifle.
Mounting a can on some of my 26" rifles makes me look like a character from StarWars with one of those six and half foot blasters...lol

I’m trying to get my hands on one of the M18x1 barrels long enough to get some measurements. I’m curious if it can be threaded to 5/8x24 without cutting off the threaded portion.

I would say this was by design. I had AO thread my 300WM Sendero at 18x1 because 5/8x24 takes more material off and impacts the integrity of the barrel and ability to hold the muzzle diameter over time. At least that is what they told me.
My Tikka TAC A1 6.5 is standard thread.

I’m trying to get my hands on one of the M18x1 barrels long enough to get some measurements. I’m curious if it can be threaded to 5/8x24 without cutting off the threaded portion.

If I get home before 9pm tonight I will try to get some measurements...but with that said I have a busy schedule the next few days.

If I get home before 9pm tonight I will try to get some measurements...but with that said I have a busy schedule the next few days.

I do appreciate that and absolutely no hurries! This is more for my own future knowledge.

At this point, if one wanted a Tikka T3x Tac A1 16” .308 with a 5/8x24 thread at the muzzle, it would probably be easier to buy the 20” model, cut it down, and thread it.

Back
Top Bottom