• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

tick... tick.... tick..... tick.......Jeep.

That era 4.0 likes to sh’t number five or six piston skirts into the oil pan

you can replace a piston from the bottom on those, IIRC... just put one in it while you have the pan off and carry on.

Yep I’m sure it would do fine for a while but my luck I’d replace the piston and crack another one in 10-k miles.
Gonna upgrade to some good pistons, bore .030 over and fix a crap ton of oil leaks at the same time.
My rear main is puking, and pretty much every gasket that can leak is puking oil.
The (Timing chain has a crap ton of slack)....it’s time.

To those that suggested a stroker and turbo it would be nice but I’m gonna do this on a strict budget so ain’t no way a turbo .
This is pretty much a daily driver,4wd farm truck, hunting rig and I do a lot of trailer towing with it .
I don’t take it offroad for sport, only for hunting and work purposes like when I’m hauling stuff to remote places in the mountains where 4wd is a must.
A stock or near stock build for this motor is plenty.

i have some other mods that I will spend money on that need to be upgraded like front and rear lockers, good exhaust and a transmission rebuild.

I may just do the transmission also while it’s out as well as the lockers and a SYE and tom woods driveshaft.
So there’s my $$$$$.

View attachment 2511743 I figure with this mileage I may run another 10,000 miles before another skirt breaks so I’m just gonna yank the motor and do a complete rebuild, mostly stock but with a couple improvement mods like better injectors, header pipe, cat back high flow exhaust and a cold air intake....oh and a double roller timing set.

More of a budget build.

Back
Top Bottom