• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

E9AB7D8A-47BD-4D6E-A7E0-E3C1FAFF2678.jpeg
1E02FA86-4D02-4362-A538-021F5FC99B52.jpeg

We've been coming here for 30+ years. I have talked to a bunch of people, read a couple books(pre-internet) and watched a ton of videos. I have hired 2 guides that came highly recommended. With all that said, I have never really caught fish there. Everyone says how great the fishing is, but not for me.

We were here in October and I hired a guide that guaranteed fish, or we didn't have to pay. Unfortunately, where we were going, 20 miles out, they had 6-8 foot swells all week so we didn't go.

I spent about $300 on lures and bait this week hoping to catch something, but it didn't work out.

I know the fishing is good, I just haven't figured it out.

Sorry I couldn't help.

We did have a fun time though.
Well, that's discouraging. Lol!

Well, that's discouraging. Lol!

It shouldn't be. Also take into consideration that I've had young boys for the past 20 years. I like to get up at sunrise and fish until dark. I haven't been able to do that with the boys. And since we are here as a family vacation, it doesn't feel right to me to leave them for a couple days so I could fish by myself.

The way I understand it, the best fishing is at the cut and the bay side of the state park. But you need a boat or kayak to get to. I have never bought my kayak.

I noticed the places the guides took us, there was always an old plastic soda bottle. I bet they use those as buoys so they don't attract attention. So keep an eye out for something like that.

It shouldn't be. Also take into consideration that I've had young boys for the past 20 years. I like to get up at sunrise and fish until dark. I haven't been able to do that with the boys. And since we are here as a family vacation, it doesn't feel right to me to leave them for a couple days so I could fish by myself.

The way I understand it, the best fishing is at the cut and the bay side of the state park. But you need a boat or kayak to get to. I have never bought my kayak.

I noticed the places the guides took us, there was always an old plastic soda bottle. I bet they use those as buoys so they don't attract attention. So keep an eye out for something like that.
Now see, that soda bottle info could be invaluable! Now I'll be glassing for birds, bait AND bottles.

Back
Top Bottom