• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Shot this Gar with ancient compound bow. It was swimming tight in a pack of 5. Smacked it right in the dome. I guess we're going to find out what gar tastes like
0515201627.jpg
0515201640c.jpg
0515201640.jpg

Looking forward to a culinary report.
We've been eating a lot of fish recently so it might be a week or two before we eat it. (It's filleted and in the freezer right now). I've still got some catfish, crappie and bluegill I've got to eat up first. But I WILL give you guys a full report

my son, who is as hard-core fisherman as they come, only fishes the higher end Shimanos. Which are made in Japan. Their lower end line is made in China.

My experience with Shimano began as a kid riding bikes 50 years ago. More than any other bike, my Shimano gears never gave me problems, unlike my friends who always had problems shifting gears.

As a kid getting into fishing, that experience led to me saving my money and buy Shimano reels, and that has stuck with me 50 years later. I have some Shimano reels I have not had serviced since probably around 2007 (and yes I know that is lazy and stupid). Yet, even now, the drag on those spinning and baitcast reels are smooth as silk. I can't remember ever losing a big fish due to drag glitches on their reels.

I don't know about their current reels made in the last 10 years or so, but the old stuff was reliable as hell. They earned my trust over many years and not a one of them let me down.

Any recommendations on Jon Boats? Electric or Gas motors? I will be using it on Allatoona and the Chattahoochee right here in Roswell, Etowah, Reservoirs, etc...

I already use Kayaks and love them but want to step it up a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom