• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

USA reels seem to be hard to find, Ebay may be your friend.
OhYea , for sure...just trying to figure out which brand first . I ain't gonna lie though , I'm a little skeerd haha ; the A.G. 6500 lasted 24yrs of torture , river and sea fishing . I always kept it oiled and greased well and never replaced any parts until "WildThang" got a hold of it LOL

OhYea , for sure...just trying to figure out which brand first . I ain't gonna lie though , I'm a little skeerd haha ; the A.G. 6500 lasted 24yrs of torture , river and sea fishing . I always kept it oiled and greased well and never replaced any parts until "WildThang" got a hold of it LOL
How the hell does someone destroy one of those reels? Inquiring minds want to know.

There's always Penn.

How the hell does someone destroy one of those reels? Inquiring minds want to know.
I'll share some of the blame due to the world we now live in haha. She borrowed it when she went to Daytona fishing and didn't clean and lube when she got back, then went on a weekend striped bass trip.... you know the rest (bearings SHOT among other problems) . And I'm guessing the tip of the rod got broke throwing it in the back of her truck @#$%^&(*&^%$# . But things happen and I showed mercy. She's grown up some since then BUT she still ain't borrowing my new rig haha . That was by far the best set up I ever owned for big fish, picked it up at BPS on sale for $99 back in 97 so i guess it was older than i thought.

I'll share some of the blame due to the world we now live in haha. She borrowed it when she went to Daytona fishing and didn't clean and lube when she got back, then went on a weekend striped bass trip.... you know the rest (bearings SHOT among other problems) . And I'm guessing the tip of the rod got broke throwing it in the back of her truck @#$%^&(*&^%$# . But things happen and I showed mercy. She's grown up some since then BUT she still ain't borrowing my new rig haha . That was by far the best set up I ever owned for big fish, picked it up at BPS on sale for $99 back in 97 so i guess it was older than i thought.
I've had a couple of 6500c since I was a young man and I ain't no more. I have no idea how old they are, but both still work as if they are new.

I learned how to cast a bait caster with one of them.

I've had a couple of 6500c since I was a young man and I ain't no more. I have no idea how old they are, but both still work as if they are new.

I learned how to cast a bait caster with one of them.
That was my first bait caster as well. I just bought what the fellas at Chemical Products told me to get. They were right... after a little practice I could dang near cast across the Etowah

If it can be repaired that place over in White can fix it . There great on ABU stuff

That was my first bait caster as well. I just bought what the fellas at Chemical Products told me to get. They were right... after a little practice I could dang near cast across the Etowah
Yeah, I've tried the ones with the magnetic anti backlash systems and have never been able to get the distance with them.

Back
Top Bottom