• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Caught this fat little rascal today @ West Point. She measured about 18”, and was the only one I caught. Water conditions sucked, but I wanted to try out my new boat. A tape, and scale will be added before next trip.
990e8b03b79528a57c5647a621f28df6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caught this fat little rascal today @ West Point. She measured about 18”, and was the only one I caught. Water conditions sucked, but I wanted to try out my new boat. A tape, and scale will be added before next trip.
990e8b03b79528a57c5647a621f28df6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a Hybrid or a Striper? Shaped like a Hybrid, but no break in the lateral line.

For anyone that don't know...there's an old generator dam between Emerson and Cartersville (Chemical Products Corp.) if you go up river toward Cartersville and get as close as you can to the dam, Safely , you may well have the fishing trip of your life. I know i did. Just don't get off on the bank. When i worked out there I caught fish till i couldn't reel anymore off the bank , HUGE stripes. The white bass should be running now and the Stripe Bass should be in soon.

It's sometimes hard to tell without feeling for 1 or 2 patches on the tongue. Visually, it sure has elements of both a white and hyrbid.

Based on the dorsal, it looks more like a hybrid. But it doesn't have the typical broken lateral lines of a hybrid (which is not necessarily true in all hybrids).

I'll call it a wybrid :) Nice fish either way!

Back
Top Bottom