• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

One of my childhood friends in Virginia took me to a farm pond the other day and we caught probably 50 bass. Three crappie ( in a farm pond? Go figure ) and they we the biggest crappie I have ever seen in my life. He caught the biggest crappie that had to broke 2 lbs. easily.
Me and him rode up the road to Glascow to where the James and another river converge. The prettiest cleanest water I have ever seen. Full of small mouth and Musky. If you catch a musky and it has been tagged before you get 20 bucks a tag. Some fish have two tags. Imagine that a fish of a lifetime and 40 bucks to boot. I tell you there are some of the most beautiful places in Virginia I have ever seen. I am going to have to get a good camera and post some pics. Just beautiful waters and mountains.

One of my childhood friends in Virginia took me to a farm pond the other day and we caught probably 50 bass. Three crappie ( in a farm pond? Go figure ) and they we the biggest crappie I have ever seen in my life. He caught the biggest crappie that had to broke 2 lbs. easily.
Me and him rode up the road to Glascow to where the James and another river converge. The prettiest cleanest water I have ever seen. Full of small mouth and Musky. If you catch a musky and it has been tagged before you get 20 bucks a tag. Some fish have two tags. Imagine that a fish of a lifetime and 40 bucks to boot. I tell you there are some of the most beautiful places in Virginia I have ever seen. I am going to have to get a good camera and post some pics. Just beautiful waters and mountains.

You have been here long enough to know the rules.....pics or it didn't happen.

Oh I got my boat running like a champ. He was asking 4600 and had a guy come look at it. I wouldn't start and the guy backed out. The man selling it told me to bring 3600 and I just hit the lottery. Anyway it turned out to be the power pack after some multi-meter testing. Put some new plugs in and she purrs like a kitten. The fuel line has a broken o-ring so I ordered a new OMC genuine replacement. I have a few little add on"s i need to do but she will ready when my truck get fixed. Some a hole baked into it with what looked a fork truck by the damage it did. 5,300 dollars worth of damage. I will be on the water on the 18th of this month. My truck is supposed to done then. I can't wait to get out here and try my luck out on some of these muskies. The James river ( which is the one I live on ) and the New river are the highest producing musky waters in Virginia. Just what I wanted to hear.

Oh and a bait recommendation before I check out. If you have never tried a white fluke then do your self a favor and get some. I caught a mess of fish on them the other day. I was using the 5 inch version and I ordered some 7 inch jobs for musky.

Well that's Greg's fishing report for the day so until next time keep drowning those worms.

This is my first King Salmon ever and it’s also the first fish that I’ve ever caught on a fly rod. I caught her in Michigan, at the Big Manistee River, just West of Cadillac Michigan.
419429E3-FF62-4F87-A078-EC9A629848D5.jpeg

This is my first King Salmon ever and it’s also the first fish that I’ve ever caught on a fly rod. I caught her in Michigan, at the Big Manistee River, just West of Cadillac Michigan.
View attachment 2312309
Catching them on the fly cant be beat! I have gone down the rabbit hole. Its awesome and worth it!!

View attachment 2312309
Very Nice! Now filet soak in a good marinade-Brine and smoke..Can't wait till mine gets here, I have a close friend in Maine that guides..He does both hunting a fishing and sends me some from time to time..I love smoked Salmon!

Back
Top Bottom