• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

We are in a rental on Fernandina beach. That sunrise is taken from the front porch
View attachment 3577234View attachment 3577235
The one below I took when I woke up Sat morning. I was still laying in bed when I took the pic :)
View attachment 3577237
While standing on the George Crady Fishing Bridge at Nassau Sound, look to the North West. See those long dilapidated docks? Wade out from the beach along them as the tide drops throwing live shrimp on knocker rigs amongst the pilings. Flounder! And who knows what else?

You can see the couple that are closest to the bridge in the upper left corner of this pic.

Attachments

• 1633915050003.png
    1633915050003.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Wish I had a pic but all I have are broken lines. 4 times I hooked up. 4 times I broke off. Drag screeming 200 yard runs with a big jump and a broken line. Lol. Lots of fun.

No idea what they were. 2 broke immediately. I made some adjustments and got to fight the other two. Saw one splash on reentry but didn’t get a look at the fish, it was almost dark. Felt and heard the second one leave the water twice but it was after dark.

Guy at the bait shop said it could have been tarpon they are running now. Could have been lots of things I guess. Lots of fun whatever they were!!!!

Wish I had a pic but all I have are broken lines. 4 times I hooked up. 4 times I broke off. Drag screeming 200 yard runs with a big jump and a broken line. Lol. Lots of fun.

No idea what they were. 2 broke immediately. I made some adjustments and got to fight the other two. Saw one splash on reentry but didn’t get a look at the fish, it was almost dark. Felt and heard the second one leave the water twice but it was after dark.

Guy at the bait shop said it could have been tarpon they are running now. Could have been lots of things I guess. Lots of fun whatever they were!!!!
Same thing happened to me there. Two hits a few minutes apart. First one ripped drag on a 40lb rig. Took a lot of line at high speed and just as I finally turned it, it cut the leader. Gill plate? I'll never know. One jump, but so far out I wasn't looking right at it and could not identify. The second hit was on a 20lb rig and was a 45 minute slugfest until it broke the line.

My boy landed his first Coosa (Redeye) Bass and man was he excited about it. "Papa I got one!" LOL Took a trip to Little River Canyon and enjoyed the scenery while fishing and exploring.

Attachments

• 20211021_090317_copy_907x1395.jpg
    20211021_090317_copy_907x1395.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211009_113641_copy_1152x648.jpg
    20211009_113641_copy_1152x648.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 44
So I haven't been fishing since I was 16. I've been wanting to take up the hobby lately, but for real. I got some starter gear, and here's the first thing I caught with it:

IMG_0142.jpg

It may be just a little bitty, probably really stupid, bass...but it's the biggest thing I've ever caught! Was pleased as punch about it.

Back
Top Bottom