• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

nice setup and wow at the size of the fish. Looks crowded. Everyone behave themselves or you have to deal with jerks? I hate crowds lol
It was crowded during the weekend, especially the daytime hours. Night time was a lot better in regards to the crowds and the bite. The fish were extremely leader-shy, so night time fishing yielded better results.
Despite the crowd, most everybody was respectful of one another and worked together keeping out of each other’s way as we fought the fish.

That's awesome! So how many total did you come back with in your group? What's the limit? I went to the reservoir yesterday. 3 short bass and 1 LDR on a nice crappie. Tough day with the wind and my jon boat.

That's awesome! So how many total did you come back with in your group? What's the limit? I went to the reservoir yesterday. 3 short bass and 1 LDR on a nice crappie. Tough day with the wind and my jon boat.
That’s not a bad day at all and much better than being at work!

Over the course of 4 and a half days, I had 60+ hookups, successfully landed 14 fish and had around a dozen that were pulled in to the bank, but the net man missed.
Some of the fish that came off were the results of straightened or broken hooks and numerous broken leaders, one of which resulted in me taking a 1 ounce sinker to the eye. During the day we had to run lighter leaders because the fish would shy away from the heavier, more visible leaders. Having the drag set properly and using some finesse was key in landing them.
Overall, I believe the total # of fish for our group was 27. The limit is 5 per day.

88634dd424fdd595c6d939917b49a23e.jpg

05974b1e39a89db205e52ee65534abf9.jpg

My son and I catching a couple Bass... makes me happy he loves the outdoors, loves fishing hunting, and shooting.

That’s not a bad day at all and much better than being at work!

Over the course of 4 and a half days, I had 60+ hookups, successfully landed 14 fish and had around a dozen that were pulled in to the bank, but the net man missed.
Some of the fish that came off were the results of straightened or broken hooks and numerous broken leaders, one of which resulted in me taking a 1 ounce sinker to the eye. During the day we had to run lighter leaders because the fish would shy away from the heavier, more visible leaders. Having the drag set properly and using some finesse was key in landing them.
Overall, I believe the total # of fish for our group was 27. The limit is 5 per day.

Thank you sir for the info

Good morning on the reservoir. I met another ODT’er, @lemasterj22 and his wife there at daybreak. Super nice young couple.

We had a nice morning with some good activity until the wind blew us off the lake about 1100. The young man and his wife can catch some crappie! I’ll let him brag on his own. Looking forward to fishing with you again Justin!

I caught 5 crappie, the largest 12.5” and one bass. Trolling crankbaits. They were suspended in 20’-40’ of water. Wind was brutal at the end.

Attachments

• 0B8F53EE-C3BE-4E23-BD0F-78627465FB90.jpeg
    0B8F53EE-C3BE-4E23-BD0F-78627465FB90.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 30
  • D20F6065-090F-4D28-BC28-50A2DAC8F930.jpeg
    D20F6065-090F-4D28-BC28-50A2DAC8F930.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom