• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Thanks, This is a total DIY trip, no guides, etc. I’ll be glad to share some info with you if you want to go.
We’ve been getting anywhere between 12-20 hookups per outing, getting these powerful suckers in is a different story.

I will but it’ll be a couple of years down the road. I like DIY trips. I would just love a limit of those. Average weight?

I fish there from time to time. Haven’t been having much luck on the crappie. Are you catching them on minnows or jigs?

I’m usually there every Saturday morning right at daylight. I haven’t caught many on each trip, 6 I think 6 was the most. But the ones I catch are bigger with the largest being 15”. I’m catching them on deep diving crankbaits suspended in water 20’-30’ deep. All on the middle to the south parts. I’m interested in learning especially jig and minnows iif you’re willing to share. I used to be in the 10 ft blue boat (up for trade) but now in a 14’ Jon boat.

I’m usually there every Saturday morning right at daylight. I haven’t caught many on each trip, 6 I think 6 was the most. But the ones I catch are bigger with the largest being 15”. I’m catching them on deep diving crankbaits suspended in water 20’-30’ deep. All on the middle to the south parts. I’m interested in learning especially jig and minnows iif you’re willing to share. I used to be in the 10 ft blue boat (up for trade) but now in a 14’ Jon boat.
I don’t have much experience crappie fishing. The bass fishing has been tough so I decided to try the crappie out. I went last Saturday, Sunday and today. Managed to put 7 in the boat today but only a couple the last trips out. I’ve been fishing all the stick ups out in the middle of the lake. The first bite today came from vertical fishing a small jig with a white/blue Bobby garland plastic on it. No other bites on the jig though. The rest came from minnows, suspending them 10-15 foot in about 30 foot of water. Just one small split shot weight about 10 inches above the hook.

I was going today but had a flat on my trailer and had to change the hub too. Pain in the butt! 7 sounds like a good day. What kind of boat you fishing from? Where do you get your minnows. I’m going to send you a PM with the crankbaits and technique to use. Let’s try to meet up out there and tag team it if you want. The crappie make some awesome fish tacos.

I was going today but had a flat on my trailer and had to change the hub too. Pain in the butt! 7 sounds like a good day. What kind of boat you fishing from? Where do you get your minnows. I’m going to send you a PM with the crankbaits and technique to use. Let’s try to meet up out there and tag team it if you want. The crappie make some awesome fish tacos.
I’m in a 1448 alumacraft, you can still see stickers from robins Air Force base on the boat and trailer. Typically I get them from the Texaco at keys ferry and 81 but I went there this morning and they didn’t have any. Had to go to the bait bucket down at 4 points bp going towards Jackson. Yeah shoot me a pm and we can get together.

I will but it’ll be a couple of years down the road. I like DIY trips. I would just love a limit of those. Average weight?
Sounds good. I’ll PM the info to you soon.

Average weight of the hen salmon is 15#, with the occasional one breaking the 20# mark.
Buck salmon are going 20#+, with the occasional 30#-er. I caught one of the 30#-ers tonight.

If anybody noticed the shiner on my right eye, that’s from a 1 ounce lead, drift sinker hitting me. My fluorocarbon leader broke while I was fighting a salmon. When the leader parted, the sinker came back like a missile and hit my right eye. I’m counting my blessings right now-if it would have hit me a tad-bit further left, I would likely be blind in that eye.
501E9E14-7DF1-4C55-8DF5-EBAE62C040DC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom