• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on the Hellfire System for "Simulated Full Auto" - Only $49.95

Full auto is about twice that rate of fire. Plus faster follow up shots. Plus much better ballistics. Speed is the largest variable in kinetic energy. 12 gauge buckshot is no joke, but I'd take the rifle caliber with faster rof and follow up shots any day!

OO buck is 9 pellets, .33 caliber, roughly equivalent to 9mm, per shell,

A Benelli M1 can get off 6 of those in roughly a second, which is 54 .33 caliber projectiles downrange in 1 sec. or less.

The rifle only offers a clear advantage when ranges extend beyond 70 yds, plus it requires aimed fire.

OO buck is 9 pellets, .33 caliber, roughly equivalent to 9mm, per shell,

A Benelli M1 can get off 6 of those in roughly a second, which is 54 .33 caliber projectiles downrange in 1 sec. or less.

The rifle only offers a clear advantage when ranges extend beyond 70 yds, plus it requires aimed fire.

With kinetic energy, and specifically related to terminal ballistics, velocity is the biggest factor. That's why the rifle round is superior even at short range.
As far as the rate of fire... Sure we could throw a semi auto 12 gauge up there for comparison, but even though you can squeeze the trigger that many times in a second, didn't mean follow up shots are equal to say an ar-15. The recoil is a different animal, even if you try to mitigate it.

With kinetic energy, and specifically related to terminal ballistics, velocity is the biggest factor. That's why the rifle round is superior even at short range.
As far as the rate of fire... Sure we could throw a semi auto 12 gauge up there for comparison, but even though you can squeeze the trigger that many times in a second, didn't mean follow up shots are equal to say an ar-15. The recoil is a different animal, even if you try to mitigate it.

Officer I didn't mean to shoot him 4 times with my rifle.

Officer I only shot him once with my shotgun. Thats why he has 8 rounds in his guts.

I don't marginalize the power of a rifle but, 9 wound tracks vs 1 can't be argued it has a better chance of hitting a instant stop zone. I'd rather not be shot by either but use of a M16 wasn't considered a war crime by the opposition because of its effectiveness. At least that's what the internet tells me

Officer I only shot him once with my shotgun. Thats why he has 8 rounds in his guts.

I don't marginalize the power of a rifle but, 9 wound tracks vs 1 can't be argued it has a better chance of hitting a instant stop zone. I'd rather not be shot by either but use of a M16 wasn't considered a war crime by the opposition because of its effectiveness. At least that's what the internet tells me
I have to disagree. But it's the classic shotgun vs rifle for hd debate. Tell me this... 9mm or .45?

My best friend in college ended up in Viet Nam sent home for his Win. Model 12 so he could swap it for his M-16. That "kinetic" energy thing only is relevant to the extent that the energy is transferred to the target.

The Army let him do it, and supplied him with all the buckshot he needed.

I just drink 4 Red Bull’s and a Mountain Dew and I have Hellfire trigger finger powers. I can’t hit **** and hands shake to much to reload the next mag but I can put the rounds down range buddy.
Thats funny right there....now I gotta clean up the copenhagen juice I laughed on myself....Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom