• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on a Vortex Strikefire Red Dot

JustAGoodOleBoy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
12   0
Reaction score
I stopped by academy today and looked at the Vortex Strikefire. Ive heard really good things about this sight and also the company's customer service and VIP warranty. Sight looks well built and i really like the Green/Red option plus Nvision mode.

Just wanna hear from some of you guys on your experience with this sight and if its really the best bang for the buck. I can't afford an Apoint or EOTech. Cant Justify spending $400-500 at this point and time. Plus i have 2 AR's and a M&P15-22 that need an optic sooner or later. just looking for the best reliable option that can stay Zeroed on a 5.56/.223

I have one on my 5.45x39 AR.

Love it.

Holds zero. Can change color. Does everything I need it to do for this platform.

I have nothing to say negative about the Vortex. She has served me well.

Only about a thousand rounds down the barrel (well, maybe closer to 1,500) and she still holds zero.

You should like it. A lot!

They're good to go, I've fired 350-400 rds with mine. Holds zero I did a lot of research before buying and for the price I believe the quality can't be beat. You can probably find one cheaper than at academy.

Thanks guys. I didn't even ask the price i was just surprised they carry em. glad i got to see it first hand though. I know primaryarms.com has em for $169? is that about right. MRSP is $229 i believe.

I have nothing bad to say about vortex products. I have one and it's been a perfectly good sight.

However, I also own a lucid hd7 which is in the same price range +/- $30. I prefer the lucid due to its ability to change between several different reticle types.

Get the Primary Arms microdot special purchase for $66 shipped (see ODT steals and deals section) with a mount and dont look back. This is an unbelievable deal on what would normally be $120 delivered. The strikefire has nothing on the microdot (size, weight, case quality, etc) and there are fewer problems reported. The PA dot also has a longer battery life I believe.

I've heard nothing but great things about them. Depending on how my 930 SPX sights in with it's ghost ring sights, I might be putting a Vortex Stikefire red dot on it.

Get the Primary Arms microdot special purchase for $66 shipped (see ODT steals and deals section) with a mount and dont look back. This is an unbelievable deal on what would normally be $120 delivered. The strikefire has nothing on the microdot (size, weight, case quality, etc) and there are fewer problems reported. The PA dot also has a longer battery life I believe.
As well as this simply outstanding deal..maybe start here now, save a little cash, and decide on the next one...you can never have too many

Back
Top Bottom