• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on a 2002 Nissan Maxima GXE V6 w 230,000 mi?

I wish I could find a solid 6 cyl Trailblazer around here. The Messican Mafia has done dogged all of them out bad in N. Ga.
You gotta look further south like down here in non emissions country. They are available. Now let me say this. They do NOT get the best mileage. And they have huge fuel tanks . Seriously it takes like $50.00 right now to fill one up.
Funny thing here is I have probably owned more GM models than Ford. I have owned 3 S10s from the square body to the rounded body. They are decent trucks but the interiors seem to fall apart in a hurry. And even though the doors aren't 4 feet long like Camaro doors they still get door sag. All that being said I still dig the 4.3 Vortec engine.

I wish I could find a solid 6 cyl Trailblazer around here. The Messican Mafia has done dogged all of them out bad in N. Ga.
Too bad. Sold my '03 TB a couple of months ago and it was a solid vehicle. Had 215k on it and the engine didn't burn a drop of oil.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier with a 6 cylinder engine. The six cylinder Nissan has a timing belt that must be changed about every sixty to eighty thousand miles. It is an interference engine meaning that if the timing belt breaks valves and pistons meet up. If I'm not mistaken the four-cylinder engines have a timing chain making then less likely to self destruct.

I love that generation of Maxima. My mom had a 2001 GLE and that thing was much faster than they let on. Was supposed to only have 222 horsepower, but ran like it much more than that. She never had an issue out of hers, I wish she still had it, because I would have bought it from her.

Back
Top Bottom