• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thought most folks didn’t like

I have an unfired Beretta 90-Two in 40S&W that I fondle and talk to every so often. It appears to be satisfied to remain beside its brother, an unfired Beretta 92F in 9MM. Such is life. Thanks.

I understand the idea that as a caliber it falls in between other rounds, but so what? Haven't owned a .40 in years but don't understand the people that just seem to revile it.

I understand the idea that as a caliber it falls in between other rounds, but so what? Haven't owned a .40 in years but don't understand the people that just seem to revile it.
It's more an academic thing for me. It's basically an anemic 10mm. The story as I understand it was that the 10MM was causing the FBI to have sub optimal scores in handgun proficiency. So rather than spend the time and effort to teach marksmanship, a new caliber was commissioned with less recoil to compensate and bring scores back in line. It just seems like a poor reason and a bandaid to the problem, rather than a solution. As a caliber, it's slower and arguably less powerful than 9mm hence the nickname .40 Slow and Weak. It's more expensive and, in normal times, not as plentiful in the wild. It doesn't suppress well and is just generally the odd man out. At least that's my beef with it.

Back
Top Bottom